Thread: Sub 35
View Single Post
Old 27-12-2011, 12:01 AM   #1
jamieh

Sub 35

Hi guys,

Firstly, massive thanks for the training programs. Especially when coupled with the pages and pages of advice on this forum, you've created an incredibly valuable training tool.

I've just completed 2 cycles of the sub-35min programme and clocked a sub 35:30 this morning. Very happy with progress (previous best of 37+).

Just had a couple of questions to which I'm yet to find the answers:

1. How much science is there behind the spacing of the 5x2k, Long run and 6x1k in the programme, with respect to each-other? They all occur within 6 days... and right at the start of the cycle. If, for example, I was to leave 9 days between the 2k's & 1k's and do the 'Longest Run' the day after the 1k's - does that really screw up the programme?

2. I have found it very difficult to run the 400's at required pace (76-78s). I consistently seem to come in 4-5s faster as I feel so good by this point in the program. How detrimental is that likely to be? I guess what I'm really asking is: is the main point of this session 'pacing' i.e. keeping yourself under control? Or is it just about having a blast and feeling confident about your fitness?

3. A staple of my training before finding this programme was my Sunday 90 minuter. I've been squeezing this in around the programme - but I wondered what you're thought's were on a weekly proper long run... since it only features once per cycle on the programme?

Thanks a mil!
J
jamieh is offline   Reply With Quote