The much loved Totalsports Ladies Race returns to Durban this coming Sunday, 21 July 2013.
Although held in celebration of the upcoming National Women’s Day, the Totalsports Ladies Race encourages husbands, friends and family to join in on the fun and show support on route.
DATE: Sunday, 21 July 2013
VENUE: Berea Rovers Sports Club (Durban)
Follow us on Twitter: @tsladiesrace
Like our FaceBook page: Totalsports
Run for Charity: The Totalsports Ladies Race Durban supports the Jes Foord Foundation, an inspiring organisation that offers free counselling and support for rape victims. For each entry received, Totalsports will donate R2 to The Jes Foord Foundation. For more information on The Jes Foord Foundation or to offer support visit jff.org.za
Event Entertainment: Runners/walkers can look forward to being welcomed home by South Africa neo-soul singer, songwriter, presenter and actor, Gift Gwe at the Totalsports Ladies Race in Durban.
- NMR both directions between Goble and Walter Gilbert from 06:00 to 11:00. Normal traffic diversion to Goble road / Umgeni road. Access to Jacko Jackson remains open from Goble and restricted to race traffic from Walter Gilbert)
- NMR both direction between Walter Gilbert and Old Fort road (except one lane north bound from Old Fort to Argyle) from 07:30 to 10:30
- Access on Country Club will be from M4 north bound only.
- Access on Walter Gilbert as far as parking for Moses Mahbida from Umgeni Road only
- Argyle road access closed on three sides
- Somtseu road access closed on east side,
- vehicles allowed north bound in one lane only between Old Fort road and Argyle road
- Access from SAPs Gate on NMR closed other than emergency
- Jeff Taylor north bound access only from and to NMR Avenue
- Kingsmeade stadium area - roads closed at east of roundabout – Access from M4 northbound only
- Old fort Place – north bound traffic in one lane only
- Eden Gardens closed but allows for access to SABC on south end only
- Old Fort Road (east bound) the two north side lanes (closest to stadium closed for runners only using fencing / water barriers)
- NMR south bound from Athlone to Goble (for start only) from 07:55 to 08:15)
- Athlone drive Closed on south lanes (west bound) from 07:50 – 08:30
- Snell Parade from Athlone to Battery Beach. Closed from 07:40 to 09:15 (access to Sun Coast from South unrestricted, but fenced closed at Sun Coast entrance roundabout)
- Battery Beach road closed from 07:40 to 09:15