Running Information Forums
Sub 35min 10k by end of year - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: Sub 35min 10k by end of year (/Thread-Sub-35min-10k-by-end-of-year)

Pages: 1 2

Sub 35min 10k by end of year - TheEd - 30-06-2008

Hi sub35, are you able to train on the track on the Thursday? as it is best not to change the training schedule format as the sessions are planned to give sufficient recovery between the certain quality sessions.

The race on the 26th should be fine, lets get the first 10 days on the new program out the way and then we can evaluate things

Till later

TheEd

Sub 35min 10k by end of year - Sub35min - 01-07-2008

Hi TheEd

To be honest the Thursday's would be a difficult day for me fit in a 5 x 2k session as such a session would take close to an hour with warm-up and 90s breaks included. As I finish work at 5 and sometimes later on a Monday to Thursday it will be almost impossible to these long track sessions from Mon-Thu :mad: . However we only work until 14:15 on a Friday and I dont work on Saturdays and Sundays. If it was between September and March I could have done those track workouts during the morning as I would have some lig:jester: ht to work with. However doing road session pose no problem at all as I generally do them in the mornings in the dark before work even up to 15-20k if necessary no problem. Have fun with the logistics!

Cheers
Sub35min:jester:

Sub 35min 10k by end of year - TheEd - 01-07-2008

OK .. no probs, we will have to juggle things around a little

Fri - 5x2k

Sun: long run

Mon: Rest

and on the Thursday easy 30 to 40mins

lets see if this can work

recovery between sessions is what brings results, so hopefully u can recover well

Cheers

TheEd

Sub 35min 10k by end of year - Sub35min - 02-07-2008

Sounds good! I will do the 5 x 2k on Friday then...

My other runs since Sunday has been pretty enjoyable and I feel strong and eager for running which I haven't felt in the last 2 years.

Question : What is the correct pace to run easy and long runs?

Cheers
Sub35min:jester:

Sub 35min 10k by end of year - TheEd - 02-07-2008

nice to hear sub35 but simply do these sessions consistently and the results will be the ultimate inspiration Big Grin Wink

I won't give you any feedback on what pace for your other runs yet

If you have a heart rate monitor you could give me feedback of your sessions and then I can take it to the next level

however, once I get feedback from your first 2k session on time and effort etc I can get to know you better

for now just simply run all the other runs as easy as could be without falling asleep

the first rule is to avoid injury and then pace etc will come into its own

Thanks

TheEd

:mrburns:

Sub 35min 10k by end of year - Sub35min - 05-07-2008

Hello TheEd dude!

I did my first 2k session and it went pretty well although I must say it's a mentally exhausting session! I run the 2k's between 3:35 and 3:40 Confusedcales: reasonable comfortably with the designated 90s rests. I was pleasantly tired after each interval but not totally beat! Did an enjoyable 10k (45min) easy run today and long run (90min) 2mor. Good news! The university track are lit in the evenings which would enable me to use it even if I work a tad late (as accountants sometimes do! :laugh: ). I will use my heart rate monitor next time to give you some feedback on post

What should I do in the coming week?

Cheers
Sub35min :jester:

Sub 35min 10k by end of year - TheEd - 05-07-2008

Hi sub35min, the 5x2000m session is probably the most important session of the schedule, it makes the 10k times possible.

It teaches you about pace judgement and focus etc .. a truly brilliant session

Slot into week 2 training, are you able to do 6x1000m on Tuesday?

The pace is 10 seconds per km faster than the 2000's and the rest is 60 seconds ..

Continue on the sub 35min 10k schedule and I shall simply give you the times for the quality sessions, the more feedback I get from your monitor there more I can assist without seeing you.

Are you able to do the Tuesday session on the track?

Cheers

TheEd

:mrburns:

Sub 35min 10k by end of year - Sub35min - 05-07-2008

Hi

I should be able to do the 6 x 1k session on Tuesday.
Would you like pulse readings after completion of the 1000m and again after 60s eg.

1000m 3:29 190 135
2000m 3:30 189 132

Cheers
Sub 35min:yes:

Sub 35min 10k by end of year - TheEd - 05-07-2008

spot on

if you want to be really thorough you can record the temp and wind conditions as these all play a factor in the pulse rate.

also a matter of interest is how quickly the pulse drops during the first 30 seconds for example

Enjoy the session, it is easier than the 5x2k session however in order to run sub 35min you will be coming down to running it between 3.15 and 3.20 per K

so it will be nice to see the progress from where you are to where you will be in say 6 months

Cheers

TheEd