Running Information Forums
Between 40 and 45 minute 10k schedule - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: Between 40 and 45 minute 10k schedule (/Thread-Between-40-and-45-minute-10k-schedule)

Pages: 1 2

Between 40 and 45 minute 10k schedule - Lee Armitage - 22-10-2008

Yeah, morning heart rate over 3 days was 44,43 and 44

Between 40 and 45 minute 10k schedule - TheEd - 22-10-2008

Lee Armitage Wrote:Yeah, morning heart rate over 3 days was 44,43 and 44

that's great but more the Rest pulse during the 60 seconds between the 1000's , please?

So 44 is your average

Thanks

TheEd

Between 40 and 45 minute 10k schedule - Lee Armitage - 22-10-2008

Never looked at that before. I'm using a Garmin 305 with SportTracks so I'm sure I can find it out

Do you want to know what my HR is just before I start each new k, or the average for the 90 seconds gaps?

Between 40 and 45 minute 10k schedule - TheEd - 23-10-2008

The dropping of the pulse during that Rest period determines various levels of fitness and adaptation to training

once we establish your zones which is achievable from the feedback we can assess how each session goes and when would be the ideal time to increase the pace of the sessions etc

So all feedback is handy

Hope this helps

TheEd

Between 40 and 45 minute 10k schedule - Lee Armitage - 23-10-2008

OK. So my average heartbeat for the 90 second rests between each k of day 8 (6 x 1k) were

Completed my 1 hour day 10 run. I'm trying to do my easy runs with hearbeat in range 140-150. My average worked out at 147 tonight, and considering there is a fair sized hill in the course I took (can't really help that as I live at the top of a hill) I guess that's about right?

Cheers

Lee

Between 40 and 45 minute 10k schedule - TheEd - 24-10-2008

Hi Lee

yes Hills and wind can be taken into consideration, one of the major pointers for runs on an easy day is the emphasis is on recovery, if your pulse is too high it can't be considered as recovery

As you and the training improves all the heart rate data will become of even greater value in avoiding injuries and sickness as well as giving you a clear indicator as to when you in shape.

For example, taking your morning pulse and weight on the day of a race can give a clear indicator for the future of what time you ran on that day and then to compare future results to time and weight.

All this is handy data to have available

Cheers

TheEd

Between 40 and 45 minute 10k schedule - Lee Armitage - 27-10-2008

Did my day 12 (5k paced) run on Saturday morning. Times etc were:-

Code:
Distance(km)  Time  Heart Rate
     1        4:22      168
     2        4:26      172
     3        4:28      173
     4        4:27      177
     5        4:17      180

Slight incline for last 1 and a half k

Didn't manage to get out yesterday (for day 13 - 1 hour easy) as a bit sore behind back of right knee....

By the way, I know that HTML is turned off (for security reasons I guess?) , so I entered my data using the "code" tag as I think it makes it easier to read.

It would be useful if one of the vb Code tags allowed the user to enter data in to a table when posting to the forum? I think you just need to install a custom tag

I'm no expert though.....

Between 40 and 45 minute 10k schedule - TheEd - 27-10-2008

Hi Lee

thanks for the feedback, regarding the forums there is a great deal planned but for now we will simply roll the site out in its current format for simplicity.

How did you find the 5k run and were you happy with it?

How is the leg, this could be related to the hilly nature of the run in the 1st section of the 5k, especially if you did not get a thorough warm up

How are you finding the schedule so far?

Keep me informed regarding the niggle, please

Thanks

TheEd

Between 40 and 45 minute 10k schedule - Lee Armitage - 27-10-2008

Well, looking back on it now it was OK, though I did find the last k (that was the uphill bit) tough. It kinda distorts how I felt on the rest of the run, which wasn't bad really.....

Knee still aches a little, but it's definately an ache and not a pain. In fact it's not particularly noticeable while I'm running

Previously I've only ever run fairly hard for 5/6 miles each session during the week and then a longer run at weekends, so I'm actually really enjoying the schedule, and particularly the variety.

I'm not so sure I'll be saying that when I get back to day 3 on the second cycle next week though!

And it's particularly helpful getting the feedback and advice from you

Between 40 and 45 minute 10k schedule - TheEd - 27-10-2008

I am sure everyone enjoys day 3 Wink

Big Grin

that is the making of the program

Just keep watching the niggle and let me know the minute it becomes a bit more than a niggle

Do look at the stretching routines to see if that helps

Enjoy Day 3

TheEd