Running Information Forums
How to get a Big Swede running fast! - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: How to get a Big Swede running fast! (/Thread-How-to-get-a-Big-Swede-running-fast)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

How to get a Big Swede running fast! - Big Swede - 11-03-2009

Another hard day at work:

K Time AHR MHR RestHR
1. 4:07 145 155 116
2. 3:58 152 162 124
3. 3:59 156 163 126
4. 4:07 155 161 130
5. 4:10 155 163 135
6. 4:05 158 167 134

Total: AHR 152 MHR 167

With up/downjog total 10k today.

Today I had to fight and struggle from second, wanted to give up after third! If I compare with the first time (3/2) the heartrate are higher all the way(Total AHR 2 bpm higher) and then I didn´t struggle like today!Sad

Big Swede

How to get a Big Swede running fast! - TheEd - 11-03-2009

Big Swede you may be carrying a bug and with this considered your session isn't bad at all if that is the case

we will need to monitor you closely over the next 3 days

please log your waking pulse and see if there are big changes

also let me know whether your legs ache when walking up stairs?

Thanks

TheEd

How to get a Big Swede running fast! - Big Swede - 16-03-2009

Hi TheEd!

The positive feedback is that my legs were fine. No aches or pains in the legs even in stairs. Just a bit tired.

My waking puls was 51, 50, 59 (T, F, S) and no cold on the way. Did a 6k run on day9 and a 10k on day10.

Now to the latest problem, when I did the 10k I felt a little pain in my lower back during the session. It didn´t affect my running so I continued. But when I stopped it became obviuos that it was more than just a little pain. It got worse and ended up having a hard time moving at all(lumbago?). So I didn´t get much sleep from friday to saturday hense the 59 waking pulse. So my back feels like its broken, I still have pain but can move almost as normal again. Now I just have to wait this thing out and hope that I will be ok for the race on sunday!

The 1kConfused on tuesday still looks like a failure considering the pulse, maybe I´m not getting enough recovery? :confused:

Big Swede

How to get a Big Swede running fast! - TheEd - 16-03-2009

Hi Big Swede, our main focus should be the run through to this weekend's race

we need to get you in the right mind to give the 10k a good 'tonk'

after the race we can analyse everything as to what and where things affected you

But on first call, it looks like an old age thing Wink

Big Grin

Are you able to walk freely yet?

TheEd

:jive:

How to get a Big Swede running fast! - Big Swede - 16-03-2009

Yes well turned 41 a couple of weeks ago so now I´m looking for a nice set of crutches! Wink

This thing called free time/vacation is much harder than I ever could have thought!:rip:

I can walk freely maybe an hour or so after getting out of bed.

Big Swede

How to get a Big Swede running fast! - Big Swede - 17-03-2009

Yesterday afternoon I took a 60min walk in the forrest. I even did a few 20-30m runs and I didn´t feel a thing! Smile

This morning I took the same forrestwalk but prebreakfast. I could feel a hint of pain a few times. I have the most pain when I get out of bed in morning but it seems to disapear after a couple of hours.

I will try to do an easy jogg this afternoon. :jive:

Big Swede

How to get a Big Swede running fast! - TheEd - 17-03-2009

You should know by Thursday whether you ready to race Sunday

hope all works out

TheEd

:yes:

Did a 5,2k jogg (27:22 AHR139) at the track. Back felt ok and still does. We´ll se how it feels tomorrow.

My thoughts are 7-8k easy tomorrow, fartlek on friday, race on sunday.

What do you think?:mmm:

Big Swede

How to get a Big Swede running fast! - TheEd - 17-03-2009

20 to 30 mins at a slightly faster pace with the last 10 minute pick up

this will show you whether a faster pace creates back spasm

should be a more enjoyable session

TheEd

TheEd Wrote:20 to 30 mins at a slightly faster pace with the last 10 minute pick up

this will show you whether a faster pace creates back spasm

should be a more enjoyable session

TheEd

Insted of the fartlek?