Running Information Forums
How to get a Big Swede running fast! - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: How to get a Big Swede running fast! (/Thread-How-to-get-a-Big-Swede-running-fast)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

How to get a Big Swede running fast! - TheEd - 17-03-2009

yes, the 1 minute fast will be too short

hopefully you come through it feeling positive

Cheers

TheEd

How to get a Big Swede running fast! - Big Swede - 20-03-2009

Hi!

Did a 7,41k on wednesday 38:43, AHR137.

Today a did a test of the back:

K Time AHR MHR
1. 4:50 132 142
2. 4:43 141 146
3. 5:02 151 156
Then racepace:
4. 4:17 156 161
5. 4:22 159 161
Then downjog:
6. 5:36 147 159
7. 5:44 142 150

The positive is that allthough my back did hurt before the run I didn´t feel a thing during the run! Smile

On the downside the 2k@racepace felt really hard and I had to struggle to keep the pace up! :noway:

If nothing happens with my back I will do the race on sunday even though it wont be at a pace that I want/need to improve my startingposition on Göteborgsvarvet. I will do it just for fun. We will run three laps on a racetrack for cars in the harbour of Gothenburg. Flat track but it can also be very windy.

My aim was to do sub46min on the 10,55k(4:22) but now I think that 37:30(4:30)is more realistic.

What do you think, coach?

Big Swede

How to get a Big Swede running fast! - TheEd - 20-03-2009

Hi Big Swede

put all thoughts of pace out your mind and simply run, if you feel tired then slow down to a pace that is comfortable

don't set a pace prior to the run, it will just create stress

Good luck and enjoy

TheEd

How to get a Big Swede running fast! - Big Swede - 21-03-2009

Wow, so you mean I wont have any control and should´t use my watch? Well now I feel panic. I´m a bit of a controlfreak so that will be a challange for me.

Big Swede

How to get a Big Swede running fast! - TheEd - 22-03-2009

Big Grin

good luck Big Swede

by the time you read this you will probably be able to provide feedback from the 10k

Hope it went well

Cheers

TheEd

How to get a Big Swede running fast! - Big Swede - 22-03-2009

I did let go of the control, had the watch on the arm but never looked at it.

The pace varied from 4:14 to 4:43 so I had a hard time getting the pace even. I managed to raise the pace the last 500m. I had some strength left at the end.

Ran the 10,55k on 46:34(4:25) AHR160 MHR170.

A couple a months ago I hoped for a better time but all considering I am pleased! Smile

Thanks for your support,

Big Swede

How to get a Big Swede running fast! - TheEd - 24-03-2009

Hi Big Swede will provide re-adapted program shortly

for today - 30 minutes and tomorrow 5x2k

then will put up the full schedule attached to this post later

TheEd
ps.. are you OK for today and Wednesday sessions?

How to get a Big Swede running fast! - Big Swede - 24-03-2009

30min today is ok but I promised to help with a move tomorrow, it might be tight with time, we will see.

Did a full helth check today and it went well. He summed it up by telling my that my fysical age is [SIZE="3"]31!![/SIZE] Big Grin

We tested MHR and it went up to 183. Even more potential then!Smile

Of course I need to loose some weight, the BMI was 26 and fat% was 24%. My backmuscles and abs were a disaster. No wonder my back is hurting. Must focus on coretraining!

Big Swede

:yes:

How to get a Big Swede running fast! - TheEd - 24-03-2009

Big Swede if that's the case then we may as well stick with the schedule that you have drawn up

that is if you have not run already

and about the doc, you sure they didn't get the files mixed up Wink

Cheers and grand

TheEd
ps.. the stronger your stomach muscles the more healthy your lower back

How to get a Big Swede running fast! - Big Swede - 24-03-2009

I took my newfound youth Big Grin and went for a 30min run.

5,85k 31:56(5:28) AHR135

The legs are worn and I´m sorry to say that I feel the pain in my left calf again. Its above the calf and it feels like its in the string- or musclejoint. Some kind of overload. Also my HR were a bit high so I´m not fully recovered yet.

The pain is very small and it doesn´t effect my running. I just feel that there is something extra stiff in the calf. When I massage or put pressure on the joint I feel some pain. Sad

What to do?:mmm:

Big Swede