Running Information Forums
Improving 10k with regular training - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: Improving 10k with regular training (/Thread-Improving-10k-with-regular-training--154)

Improving 10k with regular training - TheEd - 11-12-2009

MMS .. by the way .. yes I would like to see the images and the report if possible

info is great

Cheers

TheEd

:tourist:

Improving 10k with regular training - MMS - 13-12-2009

TheEd Wrote:see if you are able to balance on the sore leg .. one one leg .. stretch your arms out and see how much you wobble

if you don't wobble much then start again except this time have your eyes closed

let me know how it goes

Cheers

TheEd

Hi Coach,

Understood. No Adidas from now on. By the way, I was already going to buy a new pair. Can you recommend or its more like a personal choice?

Now, about the exercise. I believe I got it right. First tried with my eyes opened. Could stand still. Then I tried with closed eyes. Also able to keep control, but it was harder. Wobbled a little bit. No pain at any time. Now I’m curious. What was the purpose?

Tks.

MMS

Improving 10k with regular training - MMS - 13-12-2009

TheEd Wrote:MMS .. by the way .. yes I would like to see the images and the report if possible

info is great

Cheers

TheEd

Just sent you a private message with the links. Smile

Tks.

MMS

Improving 10k with regular training - TheEd - 14-12-2009

The purpose of the exercise is to determine how close you are to recovery

once stability is achieved often the wobbling stops

as for shoe .. stick to something similar to Pegasus shape

Cheers and thanks for the links to the images, will chat about them soon (hopefully)

TheEd
MMS Wrote:Hi Coach,

Understood. No Adidas from now on. By the way, I was already going to buy a new pair. Can you recommend or its more like a personal choice?

Now, about the exercise. I believe I got it right. First tried with my eyes opened. Could stand still. Then I tried with closed eyes. Also able to keep control, but it was harder. Wobbled a little bit. No pain at any time. Now I’m curious. What was the purpose?

Tks.

MMS

Improving 10k with regular training - MMS - 15-12-2009

Hi Coach,

Do you think would be wise to have a few easy runs for now? I haven´t run since last Wed.

Cheers

MMS

Improving 10k with regular training - TheEd - 15-12-2009

did they not say you could jog?

TheEd
ps.. still need to look at your images .. apologies bit rush and crash this side

Improving 10k with regular training - MMS - 15-12-2009

Yes! Big Grin

MMS

ps: Take your time with the images. :great:

pps:

Running shoes: at Nike´s website, Pegasus is designed for mild underpronators to mild overpronators. Based on that, I chose a Mizuno Wave Rider 12 and an Asics Gel Cumulus 11. I´ll only start wearing after the holidays, when my future father-in-law returns from NY with them on his luggage (Did you know that buying there is, most of the times, 45-50% of the price paid here? Too much import taxes!).

Improving 10k with regular training - MMS - 16-12-2009

Hi Coach,

30 min easy yesteday. Foot looks fine today. Big Grin

Looks like I´m getting better, after all. :notworthy:

Cheers

MMS

Improving 10k with regular training - TheEd - 16-12-2009

magic stuff

TheEd
ps.. don't talk too loudly about the shoes or they will close the gate Wink

Improving 10k with regular training - MMS - 22-12-2009

Hi Coach,

Yesterday I had an appointment with my ortho. He saw the MRI and said that the injury is minor, but there was still something there. The good news is I said I´ve been running 3 times a week, all easy runs (around 6:50 – 7:00min/k) and not feeling anything during or after the run, unless I make that specific movement with my right foot. He said I could run longer and stop making that movement (probably by doing that the tibial tendon is being pressured by the bone and slowing down the recovery). The Achilles was better than the tibial, so with time it´ll get better. Also I´ll keep icing every day.

So, I was thinking of doing something like this:

Day 1: 30min
Day 2: Rest
Day 3: 45min
Day 4: Rest
Day 5: 45min
Day 6: Rest
Day 7: Rest

What say you?

I´ll do the regular stretch movements to monitor how it goes.
Physio sessions now only next year, on the 11th.

Cheers.

MMS