Running Information Forums
Improving 10k with regular training - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: Improving 10k with regular training (/Thread-Improving-10k-with-regular-training--154)

Improving 10k with regular training - TheEd - 22-12-2009

good stuff .. that should be magic

:great:

have a great Christmas

TheEd

Improving 10k with regular training - MMS - 22-12-2009

It certainly is! Smile

By the way, thanks a lot for all the support during this year. It´s been a real pleasure running with your guidance. :great:

Hope you the best for 2010!

Have an excellent Christmas ! Big Grin

MMS

Improving 10k with regular training - MMS - 04-01-2010

Hi Coach, how are you?

Hope you enjoyed a lot the holiday season. I had a great time and came back to Sao Paulo yesterday. Big Grin

Didn´t run for a week until yesterday, when I had a 30min. My foot looks much better. I believe I´m almost fully recovered now. But, intend to keep thing easy and continue the physio sessions next week. It will be like this up to the 18th, when I´ll see my Ortho again.

Cheers.

MMS.

Improving 10k with regular training - TheEd - 05-01-2010

good stuff .. hopefully you able to achieve easy & relaxed running without complications

here's to 2010

TheEd

Improving 10k with regular training - MMS - 13-01-2010

Hi Coach, how are you?

I´ve been able to run regularly: 3 times a week, 30-40min at easy pace (6:00 to 6:30min/k). Not feeling anything. Smile Even when I make that movement with my right leg. So, foot looks really nice.
Restarted physio sessions, just to make sure I´m healed. I´ll see my ortho next Monday and get his opinion about my recovery. Hope to be back to an easy routine soon. :whistle:

Tks.

MMS

Improving 10k with regular training - TheEd - 13-01-2010

magic news MMS ... little steps back and all should be up & running with patience

good stuff

TheEd

Improving 10k with regular training - MMS - 19-01-2010

Hi Coach!

I had an appointment with my ortho today (Monday) and he said I could re-start my training! Like I said before, I’ve been running 3 times/week, 30-40min at 6:30min/km.

This weekend I had a walk/jog with my girlfriend. So, very easy sessions on Sat and Sun. Rested this Monday.

What’s the plan for the next weeks?

Tks.

MMS

Improving 10k with regular training - TheEd - 19-01-2010

Hi mms, certainly good news for you

consider working towards doing the

Build up schedule

as you are used to the weekly routine from the past, so getting up to speed should be fine

discuss with me the numbers as you should build up slowly to get back into the swing of things

Cheers

TheEd

Improving 10k with regular training - MMS - 19-01-2010

I remember enjoying a lot the Build Up last year. It also brought great results to my performance. Smile

When you said "discuss with me the numbers as you should build up slowly to get back into the swing of things" you meant some adaptation for this first cycle?

Over to you…

MMS

Improving 10k with regular training - TheEd - 19-01-2010

reduce the load by 25% and keep giving feedback

Cheers

TheEd