Running Information Forums
Improving 10k with regular training - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: Improving 10k with regular training (/Thread-Improving-10k-with-regular-training--154)

Improving 10k with regular training - MMS - 17-02-2010

Hi Coach,

I stayed 1 week without doing any running. Used this time to rest and recover (same routine during physio time: ice, stretch, etc). I ran 30min last Monday and another 30 min this morning. Plan to run again on Friday. I don’t fell the achilles while I run, just after I wake up (after 2-3 steps, it stops), but now it’s less than last week. I plan to run 3-4times a week, 30min and increase time by 10% each week to see how it develops. How does it sound?

Tks.

MMS

Improving 10k with regular training - TheEd - 17-02-2010

sensible approach

hope things become pain free for you in the near future

TheEd

Improving 10k with regular training - MMS - 17-02-2010

I know it's a conservative approach, but as I progress, we can change time/distance of a week, don't have to stick to the 10%. Lets see how it goes the next couple of weeks.

I just want to be able to follow the program again. :please:

MMS

Improving 10k with regular training - MMS - 22-02-2010

Hi Coach, how are you?

I´m feeling great. I was able to run 4 times last week (Mon, Wed, Fri and Sun, 30min at 6:30/k with one run at 6:00/k) and the Achilles is no longer aching. Even though, kept doing icing, stretching, etc as usual.
Today I started week 2 running for 35min at 6:20/k. I intend to keep both time and speed and monitor how it goes. Hopefully, next week I will be running for 40 minutes.

By the way, how is your running these days?

Tks.

MMS

Improving 10k with regular training - TheEd - 23-02-2010

nice MMS .. it must feel great to be on the move again

my running .. non existent with the weather we having

Smile

next week 40 minutes will soon be here for you

look after yourself

TheEd

Improving 10k with regular training - MMS - 28-02-2010

Hi Coach,

We had two warm weeks here, but now it’s rainy again. The good news is that the temperature dropped a few degrees and it’s better to run.

Well, I could accomplish my weekly goal, I ran four times (Mon, Wed, Fri and Sun) for 35min at 6:20/6:30 per km. My foot is fine and tomorrow I’ll start week 3 running for 40min. I’m becoming more confident now and I believe that after another two or three weeks I could restart the program without any problems.
Icing and stretching remains as a routine.

Tks.

MMS

Improving 10k with regular training - TheEd - 28-02-2010

This is good news MMS

I look forward to you getting back to and enjoying your training

TheEd

Improving 10k with regular training - MMS - 08-03-2010

Looks like I´ll be back to training soon. Big Grin

Last week as also able to complete my weekly goal. Again, ran four times (Mon, Wed, Fri and Sun) but for 40 minutes and a bit "faster" (@ 6:10/k). Foot remains ok and I´m feeling more comfortable while running. This week I´ll add 5 minutes.

After running for 45min minutes this week, I intend to change how it goes. Instead of running one day and resting the next one, I was thinking of running two consecutive days, then take a day off. What say you?

Cheers.

MMS

Improving 10k with regular training - TheEd - 08-03-2010

Nice to hear things are coming along

and heads up on the run 2 days and then rest

enjoy and be do careful

TheEd

Improving 10k with regular training - MMS - 15-03-2010

Hi Coach,
Last week I had some work commitments (business travel) and I missed one run. Everything else is fine. So, I believe I will try to repeat what I was supposed to do last week (4 runs, 45min each).

Here´s a sum up of past 4 weeks:

Week 1: 18,9K (4 runs, 30min, @ 6:25/k)
Week 2: 21,9k (4 runs, 35min, @ 6:25/k)
Week 3: 25,8k (4 runs, 40min, @ 6:15/k)
Week 4: 21,8k (3 runs, 45min, @ 6:15/k)

The 10K race was transferred to the 28th. So, I was thinking of using It as a “long run”, not race it. How does it sound? :mmm:

Tks

MMS