Running Information Forums
Improving 10k with regular training - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: Improving 10k with regular training (/Thread-Improving-10k-with-regular-training--154)

Improving 10k with regular training - TheEd - 15-03-2010

Hi MMS .. you seem to be approaching tings with caution

hopefully April will see you getting closer and closer to the training you desire

"steady as he goes"

TheEd

Improving 10k with regular training - MMS - 23-03-2010

Hi Coach,

Last week I was able to run 4 times, as programmed. The first two, started at 6:20/k and then increased the pace up to 5:50/k. The other two, started at the same 6:20/k but slowly increased up to 5:20/k. This way I ran a total of 29,9Km at an avr pace of 5:55/k. It was nice to run a bit faster again. Foot remains ok, icing and stretching are still done.

For this week :
Tue: 45min
Wed:45min
Thu: Off
Fri:45min
Sat:Off
Sun: 10K Race @ easy pace

For the following week, I believe I could start build up at 75% again, once the total mileage of my last week is about the same of build up at 75% without running more than 3 consecutive days. How does it sound?

Tks!

MMS

Improving 10k with regular training - TheEd - 23-03-2010

nice going MMS

you seem to have it all under control and you are putting things together with thought

onwards and forwards

TheEd

Improving 10k with regular training - MMS - 29-03-2010

Hi Coach,

Everything was fine during yesterday´s 10K race. I ran the first 7km with a friend of mine who was starting his training again. We kept an avr pace of 5:56/k all the way. But after that, I decided to constantly increase my speed up to the end. I finished the 8th in 4:46, the 9th in 4:30 and the 10th in 4:17. Total time of 55:04. I was quite happy with this 3k performance. :jester:

My legs and my foot are fine. I feel recovered but I won´t get to excited with that. I´ll stick to the plan. Start Build Up tomorrow, running 45min, no more than 3 consecutive days or hill work and keep my bpm around 145-150. After this first cycle we can decide to increase time/frequency of my runs. :p

Btw, how is your training these days?

Tks.

MMS

Improving 10k with regular training - TheEd - 29-03-2010

great news MMS

you should comeback stronger and wiser now

TheEd
ps.. as for my running .. the good weather can't come sooner

Improving 10k with regular training - MMS - 05-04-2010

Hi Coach,

Everything was fine last week. Here it´s how I organized last week with Tue as Day 1:

Tue: 45min
Wed:45min
Thu:45min
Fri:OFF
Sat:45min
Sun: 60min
Mon: OFF

Only the Wed run was at night, so this is the only run within the ahr limit of 145-150 (148). The other runs were at the same pace (6:20 to 6:30/k) at the same course, but, as you know, with higher ahr (156). Sometimes I ran 3 extra minutes just to complete a lap. As a result I ran almost 38Km, wich is 15% more than last week.

As for this week, I shall repeat it only adding a faster end of the Wed´s run.

Cheers.

MMS

Improving 10k with regular training - TheEd - 05-04-2010

certainly getting there now MMS

up to 1hr runs

nice

TheEd

Improving 10k with regular training - MMS - 12-04-2010

Hi Coach!

I managed to run 5 times last week. The good thing was that it was colder than usual, we had a glimpse of winter with temperatures around 15C (Yeah, I know. It´s like summer for you!).

This time I ran for 50 minutes, running about 42Km during the week (11% more than previous week). I´m still alternating night and morning runs to get my body used to morning races.

April 6th - Day 8

Night Run
Time:50min
Dist:7,7Km
AHR:147
Temp:15C

April 7th - Day 9

Night Run
Time:50min (40min + 10min faster)
Dist:8,0Km
AHR:147
Temp:15C

April 8th - Day 10

Night Run
Dist:7,7Km
AHR:146
Temp:16C

April 9th - Day 11

OFF

April 10th - Day 12

Morning Run
Dist:7,8Km
AHR:159
Temp:18C

April 11th - Day 13

Morning Run
Time:65min
Dist:10,4Km
AHR:149
Temp:19C

April 12th - Day 14

OFF

As you could see, my ahr on Sat run was higher than Sun, both in the morning. One reason I think is that on Sat I started running too close after I woke up (no more than 30min), while on Sun it was after 2hs after waking up. Does it sound possible?

Tks!

MMS

Improving 10k with regular training - TheEd - 12-04-2010

MMS Wrote:As you could see, my ahr on Sat run was higher than Sun, both in the morning. One reason I think is that on Sat I started running too close after I woke up (no more than 30min), while on Sun it was after 2hs after waking up. Does it sound possible?

very definitely, some people are not really morning runners and struggle to get into things straight away

nice to see you coming along and you have your easy runs under control while increasing distance with caution

how is the foot?

TheEd

Improving 10k with regular training - MMS - 12-04-2010

TheEd Wrote:how is the foot?

TheEd

My foot is fine! :ok: Although I don´t feel anything at all, I keep icing and doing stretching exercises everyday.

For this week, I´ll add 5 minutes for each run, so next week I´ll start cycle 2 with 1hs runs. Smile

MMS