Running Information Forums
Improving 10k with regular training - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: Improving 10k with regular training (/Thread-Improving-10k-with-regular-training--154)

Improving 10k with regular training - TheEd - 09-05-2011

when you flat like this, you can consider increasing your protein intake

be it via red meat or even eggs

please let me know how it goes

TheEd

Improving 10k with regular training - MMS - 11-05-2011

Hi TheEd,

I went to an event on Monday night, slept really late and decided to have my 1k session at night. It went very nice. Strong all the way and happy with it. Very different feeling from my 2k session last Thur morning.

I believe the problem is not my protein intake, it´s just my laziness in the morning. :whistle: But i´m taking care of it. I still drink a shake (banana, milk, honey, whey protein) after my runs.

May 10th - 6x1k 4:10/km - day 08
Night Run
Temp:19C

Rep|Time|AHR|RHR|MinHR
01|04:09|172|161|145
02|04:03|177|166|153
03|04:05|177|171|155
04|04:03|179|170|155
05|04:07|175|171|158
06|04:03|181|173|163
Tot|24:30|177|169|155

Cheers

MMS

ps:a small pain on my left instep. taking a day off today.

Improving 10k with regular training - TheEd - 11-05-2011

:laugh: .. well at least that is solved now

Big Grin

TheEd

Improving 10k with regular training - MMS - 17-05-2011

Hi TheEd,

Sorry for being away these days, but I haven´t been running lately as much as I wanted. Remember I mentioned a pain on my left foot? I went to the doctor today he suspects it an anterior tibial tendonitis. An MRI is scheduled for this Friday.

I feel the pain when I twist my foot to the left or when I move my feet up. Other than that, it´s fine. I´ve been icing it since last Tue and only ran 30min last Thur. Also decided not to race this Sunday.

I was already planning a break after this race, as I´ll travel in June (3rd to 23rd) on vacation and won´t have too much time to run. I would use these days to rest (Off Period) and start Build Up after vacation.

I´m not sure what caused it. I first noticed it during the 2k session. It was almost fine the next day and didn´t feel anything after the long run or my bike ride on Sunday. Only after the 1k session it became more evident, and since then, like I said, I haven´t run much.

I don´t know if my shoes for quality sessions are too old (812km so far) and have their share on this. New shoes will be bought during this trip, also something already planned before this injury.

I´ll let you know how things go, specially after receiving the MRI results.

Thanks,

MMS.

Improving 10k with regular training - TheEd - 17-05-2011

log these details .. as it seems that the last 8km race should have been your last

calculate how many 3 week cycles you have done up and till that 8k race

and from there we can avoid such hassles in the future

each runner has a breakdown point and we need to learn when it can occur and when to take it easy

the last 2k session should have been the final warning

hopefully not much damage done

TheEd

Improving 10k with regular training - MMS - 17-05-2011

Hi TheEd,

here´s the data:

Finished Build Up on Jan 24th and started the 1st of 5 cycles on Jan 25th.

Cycle 01: 03 weeks 51km, 56km, 39km
Cycle 02: 03 weeks 73km, 42km, 35km
Cycle 03: 03 weeks 40km, 32km, 41km 10k Race
Cycle 04: 02 weeks 68km, 44km 21k Race
Cycle 05: 03 weeks 28km, 54km, 35km 8k Race

Hope it helps.....

MMS

Improving 10k with regular training - TheEd - 18-05-2011

5 cycles is your limit by the looks of it for now

so we have to hve you on the cycle for 4 times before coming down for a week and doing maintenance running before going back towards the 10k cycle

this is not the same as the Build-up period but an enforced easy period to give the body a boost to adapt to the rigours of training

this applies to you as an individual, so it is very well advised to work towards this rhythm

let me know how the recovery goes for now

TheEd

Improving 10k with regular training - MMS - 24-05-2011

Hi TheEd,

I got the online results of the MRI and it confirms the tendonites. On the other hand, my foot is considerably better than last time we spoke.
I´ve been icing the area 3 times a day for 20 minutes, every day, and the results are coming. I don´t feel that pain after waking up anymore.
I´ll see the doctor again this week and let you know his opinion.

I ran 30min easy on Sat, wanted to do it yesterday but got caught up at work. Probably will try tonight.

MMS

Improving 10k with regular training - MMS - 30-05-2011

Hi TheEd,

I had an appointment with my orto last Friday and everything was fine. He classified my injury as a minor one and prescribed an anti-inflammatory for the next days, also some phisio sessions. But I won’t be able to go to the phisio because I’ll travel next Friday, so I’ll do them, if necessary, when I return on the 24th.
I keep icing my foot and it feels a little better every morning. Luckily, when I return, it’ll be fine.

Improving 10k with regular training - MMS - 27-06-2011

Hi TheEd,

I´ve returned from my vacations and I still have to do some phisio sessions I´ll schedule soon.
I had the best time ever during these days and hopefully my foot is better and I´ll slowly return to running.

Keep you posted.

Cheers.

MMS