Running Information Forums
Improving 10k with regular training - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: Improving 10k with regular training (/Thread-Improving-10k-with-regular-training--154)

Improving 10k with regular training - MMS - 05-12-2011

Hi TheEd,

the cold I mentioned on my last entry took a while to leave and I missed the 1k session of that week.

The 4k time-trial was nearly like the one I ran in August (16:52). This time I wasn´t in the mood for a real challenge and almost repeated the same time: 17min. Finished November with 148km (14h15min).

Although my training was not consistent as I wanted over the past 4 months, I was wondering if it would be ok going through Off Period and Build Up right now. By this time last year I started Off period and Build Up.

What say you?

Cheers

MMS

Improving 10k with regular training - TheEd - 05-12-2011

This should be fine MMS as you are used to the Build-up routine so you know what us expected

good stuff and enjoy

TheEd

Improving 10k with regular training - MMS - 13-12-2011

Hi TheEd,

first week is behind, 5 runs (34km) at 6:00min/km and one bike ride (20km at 15km/h) with my fiancé on Sunday morning. :great:

Nice week!

Cheers

MMS

Improving 10k with regular training - MMS - 22-12-2011

Hi TheEd,

second week Off Period finished. 5 runs, 34km in 3h30min and one 27km bike ride with the fiancé.

Already started Build Up last Tue and everything is going well, despite the warm days here. :yes:

Cheers.

MMS

Improving 10k with regular training - TheEd - 27-12-2011

great to hear and nice to see everything is going well

enjoy the season

TheEd

Improving 10k with regular training - MMS - 03-01-2012

Hi TheEd,

hope you had a nice holiday season!

Quick feedback report.

Build Up Week 01:

- 5 of 5 runs. 49,3 km in 5h14min (6:22min/km pace). Including a 9km hill work.

Build Up Week 02:

- 4 of 6 runs. 40,2km in 4h04min (5:57min/km pace). Missed one 1h easy and one hill work. 5x8min done.

New watch this week, HR feedback will return. Still learning how to use it. It has a GPS feature but I don´t intend to let it tell me how to run. But it will be nice to change running scenario while doing easy/long runs.

Cheers!

MMS

Improving 10k with regular training - TheEd - 07-01-2012

new watch = new times

Wink

TheEd
ps.. we have just had the King's Day celebration this side

Improving 10k with regular training - MMS - 10-01-2012

Hi TheEd,

the watch is being very helpful. I´ve been trying new paths at the park, specially this time of the year when it´s very crowded. :tonguepop:

Quick report. Build up Week 3.

5 runs, 48,6km in 5h04min (6:16min/km pace). Including a 5x8min run (5:35min/km pace//155bpm vs 6:30min/km//145bpm pace) and 9km hill work in 58min.

Cheers.

MMS

Improving 10k with regular training - TheEd - 11-01-2012

how are you finding it, getting into the running quite easily now the cold has gone?

Cheers and enjoy

TheEd

Improving 10k with regular training - MMS - 11-01-2012

The weather is nice the last days. It's been raining a good part of the day and the temperature is not above 23C at night. But it won't last long. Maybe next month temperatures around 30C will be more frequent. :yes:

And I've been enjoying a lot the easy runs. The running routine is back. Now I added some short bike rides. Home to work and back, 3,5km twice a day (7k total), easy ride. Wink

MMS