Running Information Forums
Improving 10k with regular training - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: Improving 10k with regular training (/Thread-Improving-10k-with-regular-training--154)

Improving 10k with regular training - MMS - 01-07-2013

I was checking my training and so far this year from January 5th:

A sequence of 3 3-week cycles, all of them ending with time-trials. One week easy before a sequence of 2 3-week cycles (time-trials) and 1 2-week cycle ending with my first 10k race (May 11th, PB 43:08). After that, a 2-week cycle ending with a 10k race (May 25th, PB 41:31). After it, a 3-week cycle (last week only easy runs) ending with a 5k race (June 16th). Then, 2-week cycle ending with a 10k race last Saturday (June 29th).

It means 24 weeks of hard training with only 2 weeks of easy runs.

I´m still processing everything but I believe I might be tired. That´s why I´m planning the next 2 weeks easy, Off Period style, and then a new 3-week cycle with a 10k race on August 8th.

How does it sound?

Improving 10k with regular training - TheEd - 02-07-2013

do 1 week easy and then throw in 1 week build-up, the last week of the build up

hopefully you get to regenerate and come down and come back refreshed

the 10km after a 10km PB is often a difficult one because the expectations are so high

I do believe you have a sub 41 minute 10km sitting in you waiting for the moment to happen

so be positive towards yourself, as it simply needs a little more time before it comes out

TheEd

Improving 10k with regular training - MMS - 02-07-2013

Sounds like a good plan.

I´ll go through this first week and then we can discuss if/when to do a time-trial by the end of next week.

Hopefully, my sub41 will come next month.

Keep you posted.

MMS

Improving 10k with regular training - TheEd - 02-07-2013

great MMS .....

Improving 10k with regular training - MMS - 05-07-2013

3 very easy runs (close to 6min/km) so far this week and since yesterday looks like a cold is getting into me (first in 13 months). Still nothing to worry about, just feeling lazy. :whistle:

Cheers

MMS

Improving 10k with regular training - TheEd - 06-07-2013

you guys are mid-winter now?

recover well

TheEd

Improving 10k with regular training - MMS - 06-07-2013

Yes, but it's our tropical winter: when it's cold, it's around 15C here in São Paulo. :yes:

I'm already feeling better today, not 100%, but better.

Cheers.

MMS

Update: I mistakenly wrote that the race was August 8th. It's August 3rd and we an keep the same schedule.

Improving 10k with regular training - TheEd - 06-07-2013

great MMS ...

Improving 10k with regular training - MMS - 12-07-2013

Except from having to work long hours last Wed and yesterday, and because of that I missed Wed´s run, everything is fine.

I didn´t run this morning, needed to stay in bed more :whistle:, so I´m considering a time-trial tomorrow. By the way, I´m kind of eager to do that as I already miss the speed sessions. Smile

Cheers

MMS

Improving 10k with regular training - TheEd - 12-07-2013

enjoy

:yes:

TheEd