Running Information Forums
Improving 10k with regular training - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: Improving 10k with regular training (/Thread-Improving-10k-with-regular-training--154)

Improving 10k with regular training - TheEd - 04-09-2013

you will benefit a great deal from the Build Up

chat soon

TheEd

Improving 10k with regular training - MMS - 24-09-2013

Hi TheEd,

Just to let you know that I'm already back and also started Build Up this morning.

Will keep you updated as I progress.

Cheers.

MMS

Improving 10k with regular training - TheEd - 24-09-2013

hope you feeling healthy MMS

Improving 10k with regular training - MMS - 03-10-2013

Yes, healthy but slow. :whistle: But I knew it would be like this. :p

I´ve been able to follow Build Up program accordingly. The benefits will come in the right time.

Cheers.

MMS

Improving 10k with regular training - MMS - 10-10-2013

Hi TheEd,

My body didn´t adapt well during build up right after my vacations because my left foot started aching after the 8th session. I immediately reduced the work load and started icing the area. The good news is it feels much better right now (close to 100%) and it proved to be nothing serious.

What I´ll do is keep the work load lower than Build Up, and slowly increase to 1h runs (now I´m running 40min).

I have no 10k races planned for this year, so no rush to jump into a 10k program.

Cheers.

MMS

Improving 10k with regular training - TheEd - 13-10-2013

definitely keep your eye on that, as you have had problems in the past, maybe too keen on the build up Wink

always apply the one day hard, one day easy approach, even if it is a Build Up Smile

keep me informed

TheEd

Improving 10k with regular training - MMS - 04-11-2013

Hi TheEd,

I spent the last 3 weeks running 4x40min (around 29km per week) and always icing the area.

It definitely looks better so now I´ll increase my running time for the next couple of weeks and see how it goes.

Keep you posted.

Cheers.

MMS

Improving 10k with regular training - TheEd - 05-11-2013

good to hear MMS .. do take care and enjoy your running

TheEd

Improving 10k with regular training - MMS - 23-12-2013

Hi TheEd, how are you?

I’ve been away for a while because I´m still taking care of my left foot. Two days before a time-trial in the beginning of December my left foot started hurting again. It wasn´t anything serious (both orto and physio´s opinion) and I´ve been taking care of it with a sport physiotherapist who´s giving some strength training as well. I´m doing a great progress so far.

So, stopping by to wish you wonderful Christmas and New Year. :jester:

Cheers.

MMS

Improving 10k with regular training - TheEd - 23-12-2013

Great stuff MMS .. have a great Festive Season and here's to 2014

all the best

TheEd