Running Information Forums
To race is but a dream... - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: To race is but a dream... (/Thread-To-race-is-but-a-dream--1559)

To race is but a dream... - shadydaz - 24-09-2015

No Speed session last night. easy run tonight and some fartleks tomorrow as I have found an alternative 10km race to do Sunday on an easier course. No expectation but want to be as fresh as possible. Will let you know how it goes.

I have a club league race of 8km next Sunday then straight into a cycle for another 10km race on 25th Oct on a possible PB course!!

Darren.

To race is but a dream... - TheEd - 24-09-2015

enjoy

:yes:

TheEd

To race is but a dream... - shadydaz - 25-09-2015

Thank you, I always do!! Will report back on Monday all being well.

Have a good weekend everyone Smile

To race is but a dream... - shadydaz - 27-09-2015

42:54. My target was to get round sub 43min so can't complain. Short and sharp undulations gave legs a good workout. Nice to be running in a competitive enviroment again. The splits don't make good reading as the reapeating rolls on the landscape drained legs towards end.
Km1. 4:00
Km10 4:03

The rest were between 4:09 and 4:29.

The start of building up pace and strength again starts with today. Hopefully it wont take too long. I did enjoy the run and the weather was pleasant.

I have another tempo run tomorrow night of 7km. Then easy running through week to recover. Friday will be Fartleks for a club league race of about 8km on Sunday. Into cycle after the 8k for next 10km three weeks later.

Darren

To race is but a dream... - TheEd - 28-09-2015

nice going shady

so are you going onto the build up now?

TheEd
:mrburns:

To race is but a dream... - shadydaz - 28-09-2015

27-09-15
10km Race
Time: 42:54
Pace: 4:16 min/km
Dist: 10.06 km
Ave HR: 170
Max HR: 205
Ave Cadence: 160spm
Ave. Stride: 1.46m

To race is but a dream... - shadydaz - 28-09-2015

Sort of I guess, TheEd. I feel I have been in build up for last two or three weeks or so, with only having the one speed session in that time. After tonight, recovery and easy running until race Sunday.

I have club internal handicapped race this evening and first league race Sunday. Start cycle in earnest on 7th October towards 10km Race on 25th.

Already itching to do a long run again as haven't been on feet for much longer than an hour for some time!

Darren.

To race is but a dream... - TheEd - 28-09-2015

nice Darren, you have made a lot of progress and you have become consistent in your racing, so a great deal more to come

keep being patient, do it by the numbers, little steps and it should be fun

onwards

TheEd

To race is but a dream... - shadydaz - 29-09-2015

28-09-15
7km Race
Time: 29:31
Pace: 4:12 min/km
Dist: 7.03 km
Ave HR: 149
Max HR: 186
Ave Cadence: 161spm
Ave. Stride: 1.48m

Don't know how I was able to run as quick as this after Sunday. Note the average Heart rate. do not understand why the average stayed so low? Should I take that as a positive? First 4km ave HR was 123. Last 3km was up around 183 ave.

Felt good to get round in a decent time after struggling a bit Sunday on another course which isn't exactly flat!

Darren.

To race is but a dream... - TheEd - 29-09-2015

this must be pleasing for you

look to recover now and don't push now, even if feeling good

the body is capable of a great deal, it will deliver for us when required, we must just treat it with respect when it is needed Big Grin

nice

TheEd