Running Information Forums
To race is but a dream... - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: To race is but a dream... (/Thread-To-race-is-but-a-dream--1559)

RE: To race is but a dream... - shadydaz - 17-06-2019

Good Morning,

I am feeling OK today, a little bit tired but that's no surprise at this point in the training cycle. As we well know i used to push myself a lot harder and remember feeling a lot more fatigued than i do at the moment.

The headache has gone, I think it was mainly due to the stress of my car breaking down on Friday night and I had no luck sourcing a replacement part on Saturday.

I refuelled and hydrated well post run yesterday. Didn't manage that afternoon nap i wanted but was in bed at half nine last night and had a good sleep. HR down a snick to 51 this morning so whatever it is isn't too bad and hopefully passed.

The legs are good this morning and feel energised, lots of stretching throughout yesterday afternoon has really helped. should be good for a gentle plod tonight/tomorrow.

Due to commitments Wednesday evening it will probably be another early morning interval session on Wednesday.

RE: To race is but a dream... - TheEd - 19-06-2019

Great to hear Daz

you look to have controlled it well

onwards

TheEd

RE: To race is but a dream... - shadydaz - 19-06-2019

17/06/19 - Day 6
Resting HR - 51
6.06km
34:08
5:38 pace
Ave HR 135
Max HR 149

18/06/19 - Day 7
Resting HR - 49
6.02km
34:27
5:43 pace
Ave HR 135
Max HR 150

19/06/19 - Day 8 - 1km interval session
Resting HR - 48
10.06km
55:03
5:28 pace
Ave HR 142
Max HR 170
2km warm up @ 5:57/km
1. 4:50/km Peak HR 147
Rest 90 sec @6:18/km Rec HR 135
2. 4:46/km Peak HR 150
Rest 90 sec @6:26/km Rec HR 135
3. 4:41/km Peak HR 161
Rest 90 sec @6:29/km Rec HR 139
4. 4:45/km Peak HR 155
Rest 90 sec @6:27/km Rec HR 136
5. 4:34/km Peak HR 170
Rest 90 sec @12:50/km Rec HR 130
2km warm Down @5:57/km

Rep average 04:43

Last few days been a bit weird. Notices higher HR on the easy runs, perhaps more down to the point of which I am in the cycle and the body taking a bit longer to recover as have worked a bit harder this time round. Yesterday's Elevated HR on the easy I put down to having to wear the waterproof as that holds heat in it.

It was only 12 hours from that easy till this morning 1 km session and a felt it! It didn't feel like a good session and that is sort of reflected in the times but not for the reasons you might think! The first two efforts were hard going. on the third I felt more settled and anticipated that maybe I had run the first two way too quick, it felt more around 4:30 pace but because the watches were playing up and not giving steady pace times I actually had no idea how fast or slow I was going. In terms of perceived effort, the first two felt way harder and faster than the recorded times as I know I slowed slightly into more of a rhythm, or was it that once ! found my rhythm it just got easier? The watches all over the shop because I was on the trail in the nature reserve - a wooded area. I was contemplating a longer warm up and a 1 km stretch of continuous path for this session but again time was against me on that one, would have meant a 6 km session with 3 km there and back. Maybe next time. Yes I did decide to jog the rests this time round to see if it was easier, that was pretty indifferent it was easier to speed up and slow down and the legs didn't stiffen up towards the end. There were a slight inclination to make it 6 x 1 session but I wasn't ready to push that hard this morning. Warm and muggy atmosphere didn't help the session either.
All in all I run mostly to feel again and tried to control it best I could. Slightly disappointed the times were not quite on target but given circumstances its done and through it OK. It averages out 4:43/km so not miles off the 4:40 target.

Morning runs for rest of working week now due to other commitments. We'll see how that goes haha!!

RE: To race is but a dream... - TheEd - 20-06-2019

Hi Daz, are you feeling Ok or tired to the point you not recovering

it is meant to get easier after the 1k session, so please monitor yourself to see you recovering properly

TheEd
ps.. no harm to throw in a total rest day, if it gets you to recover better

RE: To race is but a dream... - shadydaz - 20-06-2019

20/06/19 - Day 9
Resting HR - 48
6.02km
35:49
5:57 pace
Ave HR 131
Max HR 143

This was a struggle this morning and what you have just stated is exactly what I was thinking on way round, I don't seem to be recovering at all but doing nothing different! I guess the higher intensity of this cycle is having a deeper affect on my body than I realise. The quads are struggling a bit. I just couldn't go any quicker this morning, not that I actually wanted too, it just felt like the batteries were flat. One slight concern is 1 km into this mornings morning the arch of my right foot started hurting a bit, it felt like there is an elastic band in there that has snapped or something. It's not really sore , more uncomfortable so my immediate reaction was to keep it slow and see how it felt. It didn't get any worse, so I said to myself immediately to rest it tomorrow and have two days off and see what it feels like Sunday. If its OK then take a bit longer stretching and see what the usual warm up feels like prior to the paced session, if I get that far. Essentially, one step at a time. No running tomorrow/Saturday either way.

RE: To race is but a dream... - TheEd - 21-06-2019

Hi Daz, there is no harm in giving yourself a few days off so the zip returns

there are always other cycles to focus on the consistency

let's get the feel good factor to return

TheEd

RE: To race is but a dream... - shadydaz - 21-06-2019

Race is booked for the 30th. Hopefully, now the hard work on this cycle is done, I will be fresh and ready enough to enjoy it. The target for now is a similar time to that of last month.

RE: To race is but a dream... - shadydaz - 23-06-2019

21/06/19 Day 10
Resting HR 47
No run, rested as discussed.

22/06/19 Day 11
Resting HR 46
Planned rest day

23/06/19 Day 12 - 5km paced session
Resting HR 44
9.88Km
51:44
5:14/km pace
Ave HR 135
Max HR 168

2km warm up, straight into paced session no stops
1. 4:49
2. 4:50
3. 4:51
4. 4:44
5. 4:48
24:02
Straight into 2.88km warm down no stops.

Despite the heat and humidity it was controlled and felt easy, Hr only crept up again last KM otherwise was steady between 130-135.
The foot, whilst not completely better is good enough, it’s more of a nerve type problem I think. No issues on the flats, more on the climbs. I changed the footstrike to a toe strike for the first three km which helped a bit until the legs got tired. Still not completely used to that even though I have been working in my ‘runficiency’ for a few weeks.
Foot should be ok, will just have to deal with it, it’s not sore, just s strange feeling like I stated before.

The rest has done me good and you can see that the resting HR is now getting down towards the old levels.
Should be back to normal now for rest of cycle. Feeing good after today, hopefully stay fresh and give myself a shot at a sub 50 next weekend.

RE: To race is but a dream... - TheEd - 26-06-2019

Hi Daz, good to see things are settling down

always remember, that Rest is often a good thing

hope that things have been easy this week

TheEd

RE: To race is but a dream... - shadydaz - 26-06-2019

24/06/19 - Day 13
Resting HR - 45
10.47km
60:00
5:44 pace
Ave HR 139
Max HR 163
25 - 27 degrees and high humidity hence the higher HR levels. Stayed hydrated, took it very easy.

25/06/19 - Day 14
Resting HR - 46
6.02km
34:23
5:42 pace
Ave HR 131
Max HR 147
Bit cooler but still humid.

Ticking over nicely again despite the weather. keeping fluids up. Was thinking of going a bit further tonight - maybe 8km easy? Tomorrow back to usual 6km and moving the fartlek session to the Friday? Let me know what you think Coach. ta.