Running Information Forums
To race is but a dream... - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: To race is but a dream... (/Thread-To-race-is-but-a-dream--1559)

RE: To race is but a dream... - shadydaz - 13-01-2020

The rest was much needed last week and the 6km on Friday was exactly as you have suggested, no watch watching, just by feel. The splits were very steady looking back at the run. 5:35, 5:25, 5:25, 5:25, 5:23, 5:21.

Wanted to start a new cycle this week but no issues with delaying it another week as the revised dates lead into the next competitive event perfectly, another XC!!

Thanks for the advice. Let's consolidate and move on!!

RE: To race is but a dream... - shadydaz - 15-01-2020

13/01/20
Resting HR 44
6.15km
33:42
5:29/km
Ave HR 136
Max HR 157
Strength and stretching

14/01/20
Resting HR 44
11.00km
60:16
5:29/km
Ave HR 152
Max HR 174

RE: To race is but a dream... - TheEd - 16-01-2020

Hi Daz .. towards the end of the easy week, you should start feeling itchy to train again

hopefully this is achieved

onwards TheEd

RE: To race is but a dream... - shadydaz - 16-01-2020

(16-01-2020, 12:29 PM)TheEd Wrote: Hi Daz .. towards the end of the easy week, you should start feeling itchy to train again

hopefully this is achieved

onwards TheEd

A bit of upper body and core strength (with some leg raises too), totalling about an hour, instead of the running.   Feeling much better and fresher this morning,  didn't realise just how jaded I actually was before this morning.  Another hour run tonight and with a bit of a busy weekend maybe will have to see how I can squeeze in a run on Saturday, maybe do a parkrun for a bit of tempo if the legs are ready to, depends on circumstance/time. Wont be anything full throttle though if I manage to get there!

RE: To race is but a dream... - TheEd - 16-01-2020

Hi Daz, nice to hear you are feeling as though you recovering, excellent

and enjoy

TheEd

RE: To race is but a dream... - shadydaz - 17-01-2020

15/01/20
Resting HR 45
Strength training

16/01/20
Resting HR 47
11.38km
59:40
5:15/km
Ave HR 137
Max HR 164

Bit perplexed by this run. Felt good and was mildly progressive starting at 5:22's and finishing at 5:05's. No watch watching at all, just running to a comfortable pace and enjoying it. However, it seems to have been one of those runs that no matter how good you are feeling, something is going to go wrong. It started with a sore left heel, which eased after two km. I think this issue is shoe specific as was breaking in the new tabs on their first longer run. I haven't had the issue with the trail or older tabs that I recommissioned last week. At bout 8km in, a bit of a nag developed in my quad, on the inside, and another on the outside o the quad and another in the hamstring and then the calf tightened slightly. all in the right leg! maybe my balance is off a little. (coincidentally, I have been looking at a HR strap which gives balance readings too. Still considering options.) All feeling much better this morning bar the initial inside right quad ache which has eased up tremendously but still there-ish. Very annoying and worrying as I have been taking it relatively easily and these issues seem to be coming and going around the legs in different areas at different times over the last few weeks. Hopefully the discomfort is just weakness leaving the body and the legs are moving up a level but still concerned that I may have to nurse new issues to health before committing to harder efforts.

I feel like I have been doing everything right but things just keep going wrong haha!

RE: To race is but a dream... - shadydaz - 20-01-2020

17/01/20
Resting HR 42

18/01/20
Resting HR 45
Strength training -Upper and core 1 hour

19/01/20
Resting HR 43
10.01km
53:59
5:24/km
Ave HR 153
Max HR 174

Getting really hacked off now. Spent another couple of days resting form running and had the legs fully worked on with a good massage. Set off last night, the intention was to do about 16km nice and easy. 3km in, another ache a new area of the right Quad, then the left quad, then the left calf. Cut the run shorter as the aches were not easing off. After I got home I felt like I had run 30km, not 10, legs were shot. Slept ok but feel exhasuted this morning. you can see form the HR on run data, I was bubbling along at 130, then 7 mins in it spiked to 174, then it wouldn't drop below 150 for rest of run, hence the tiredness today.

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/4455944863

Whatever is going on I need to figure it out soon otherwise I am going to lose the will to live! may book into doctor this week.

Darren.

RE: To race is but a dream... - shadydaz - 20-01-2020

And yes Coach despite my last post, the legs are very twitchy today and want to run fast now. I'm a walking oxymoron haha

RE: To race is but a dream... - TheEd - 21-01-2020

Great to hear .. enjoy the next stage of training

TheEd

RE: To race is but a dream... - shadydaz - 22-01-2020

20/01/20
Resting HR 46
6.15km
32:06
5:13/km
Ave HR 132
Max HR 165

21/01/20 - Day 1
Resting HR 45
12.77km
63:47
5:00/km
Ave HR 154
Max HR 168

Cycle started last night as travelling Friday so will be doing the 5x2 tomorrow, resting Friday as travelling, long run Saturday (plan is to run 8km to do a parkrun then run back so a good long run total), short shake out run Sunday (travelling this day too) and then an extra easy day to drop the cycle back to the 5x1 on the normal Wednesday. Raceday is 9th Feb - Cross country.

5x2 session - start at same pace as last lot, 4:20/km, drop to R90's from R120s, see whats in the tank last two sets, no point in trying to squeeze too much out at the start after two weeks of base. I ran couple of 4:30ish/kms last night as a tester and it felt very easy so we will see how I feel tomorrow after 3 reps at lower timed recoveries!

I do seemed to have made a giant leap forward over Christmas period but would rather not start chasing results and let them come naturally by following process and consolidating gains so far. Don't want to force anything that will result in injuries and set back, especially after last few weeks..