Running Information Forums
To race is but a dream... - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: To race is but a dream... (/Thread-To-race-is-but-a-dream--1559)

RE: To race is but a dream... - TheEd - 08-07-2020

HI Daz .. its looking good if you running below 140 bpm at 5:12 ave per k .. looks most promising

excellent stuff TheEd

RE: To race is but a dream... - shadydaz - 09-07-2020

(08-07-2020, 11:32 AM)TheEd Wrote: HI Daz .. its looking good if you running below 140 bpm at 5:12 ave per k .. looks most promising

excellent stuff TheEd

Thanks,  I am coping with the mileage well,  the legs are feeling strong and recovering quickly. Fluid/fuel intake is good. Getting more efficient in the stride.  Not fading/tiring toward the end of these runs either, which bodes well for strength in later parts of races.

RE: To race is but a dream... - TheEd - 11-07-2020

Have a great weekend of training Daz

RE: To race is but a dream... - shadydaz - 15-07-2020

08/07/20
Resting HR 47
Running
18.10km
95:49
5:18 min/km
Ave HR 140
Max HR 156
10 mins Strength
Got lost on some trails, run was longer than intended as a result.

09/07/20
Resting HR 48
Running
14.02km
73:52
5:16 min/km
Ave HR 138
Max HR 147
30 mins S&C

10/07/20
Resting HR 50
20 mins S&C

11/07/20
Resting HR 45
Running
22.02km
121:47
5:32 min/km
Ave HR 145
Max HR 172
10 mins S&C
In the Peak District running some hills. 500m elevation - I would normally run 12-14m elevation on one of my 14km routes!

12/07/20
Resting HR 41
Running
13.49km
77:35
5:37 min/km
Ave HR 135
Max HR 162
In the Peak District running some hills. this was recovery from day before, still 250m elevation.

13/07/20
Resting HR 47
Running
14.16km
75:49
5:21 min/km
Ave HR 137
Max HR 146

14/07/20
Resting HR 48
Running
14.02km
71:21
5:05 min/km
Ave HR 144
Max HR 178
9km easy, last 5km @75% effort.
splits:
1. 4:35.4
2. 4:27.6
3. 4:24.8
4. 4:19.9
5. 4:09.3
total 21:57
Felt good as I loosened up. Legs felt super strong and at 4:20 - 4:30 pace it was seemingly just above easy, depsite the increase in pace from 5:25s leading into the effort.
30 mins S&C

Totalled 96km last week, some of which, as above, was accidental Big Grin . Looking to do hills Reps on Thursday, as apposed to running the hills, I have to run 7km to the nearest one so adapting the session so will probably be a longer session Thursday and (I have obviously been feeling a little fatigued recently but starting to recover and adapt now, hence the tempo effort last night.) I may run longer on Saturday too, depending on how I feel on the day. The usual route has several optional variables of distance.

All in all pleased with how this is progressing. Please let me know if you think I am doing anything incorrectly. With Manchester Marathon now cancelled (was for 11th October) there really is nothing to look forward to (one possible socially distanced 10km on an airfeild, soonish), so when racing starts again I want to be smashing PBs all over the shop. Simple. Tongue

RE: To race is but a dream... - TheEd - 15-07-2020

Hi Daz, that is some training there .. you now need to absorb the training and then plan forward .. are you planning a return to a 10k cycle anytime soon? if yes, then consider doing a 4k time-trial on a track to see where you are so you can adapt your future 2k and 1k pace off the 4k time

look after yourself, as this has been an impressive bit of training

TheEd

RE: To race is but a dream... - shadydaz - 15-07-2020

Thanks Coach.

The plan was to stay on this aerobic block for a couple more weeks, maybe not quite 90+km a week though, then ease back into a very light week of consolidation (ie, 1 hour ish easy every other day.) I will TT at the end of that week then move back into cycle. Not sure i can get to a track, the nearest one seems to be 30mins drive from the house but i am sure I can drive to one straight after work (as this is usually when i do my training).

I have been looking into carbon plated springy footwear for Raceday shoes, and now the runing club physio is back to work so booking in for a monthly massage from the end of this block.

RE: To race is but a dream... - shadydaz - 16-07-2020

Check what i said yesterday. I do need an easy week. so revised plan is this, the next seven days, usual consolidation, every other day one hour easy. then back onto another high mileage block for two week, then another consol week, (off that week and have the kids.) then I will have a look at whats happening with races/ getting back onto cycle.

Daz.

RE: To race is but a dream... - TheEd - 17-07-2020

Hi Daz, read what JamieH has said about carbonplated shoes and do take care

other than the time where your pulse was so low, has your resting pulse in general come down, and how about your weight

TheEd

RE: To race is but a dream... - shadydaz - 17-07-2020

(17-07-2020, 06:26 AM)TheEd Wrote: Hi Daz, read what JamieH has said about carbonplated shoes and do take care

These would purely be race day shoes.  Still researching, no firm decisions made. I have read Jamie's post.  I've just recently purchased new tabs which are now well 

(17-07-2020, 06:26 AM)TheEd Wrote: other than the time where your pulse was so low, has your resting pulse in general come down, and how about your weight TheEd

You can clearly see form the data i was getting slower, the HR was relative to the effort and was lower too, I think I've just exhausted the energy levels, so once again, you called it correctly and it is indeed time for a rest week. The RHR hasn't kicked too high, if you remember a few months ago, it was all over the place, almost like my body was fighting off some kind of virus or something.

My HRH has hit 30 a few times over the last 6 weeks.  It is currently at 50bpm, it has been slowly rising up to this as the training stress kicks in.  Hopefully it will start to ease off over the next few days on the easy week and maybe return to the low 40's. March April and May it averaged 48/49BPM. June 44BPM and July so far averaging 46PBM, so there has been a drop off in the last few months yes.
Weight has remained steady, i did lose some at start of year (transitioning to non meat diet) but gained it back and it has remained consistently around 68kg mark for a good few months.  I have not been on the scales for maybe two weeks so i will have a lok over the weekend.  Its possible Ive burned a bit more fat off with the mileage and I could be down to near single figure body fat %

The 10km race is dated for the 13th Sept. so it will be an off week until next weekend, then see how I feel about ramping it agina again for two weeks.  I have my girls for a week early August so will use that as another recovery week.  I would need to start a cycle on the 18-19th August for the race on the 13th Sept.

Generally races over here scheduled and rescheduled for Sept/Oct are now being cancelled so not sure there is actually anything else to look forward to other than this one event. (its expensive but I'm doing it as it is the only one on).

Have a good weekend.  I hope Mrs Duck and the team are training well and keeping fit.

Darren.

RE: To race is but a dream... - TheEd - 17-07-2020

Cheers Daz .. nice feedback .. keep the balance .. the MrsDuck group recently had 2 easy weeks of aerobic runs and then re-intro fartlek and a faster session on a path route in the forest last week .. return to training was this past Tuesday where they all did a 3000m time-trial .. the group is made up of 1 young 17 yr old .. 43 yr old guy .. MrsDuck and 2 female triathletes and a new 43 yr old male (who since joining the group has bounced to a new level of running speed (MrsDuck's new track training partner)

Smile

TheEd