Running Information Forums
Sub-45 Here I come. - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: Sub-45 Here I come. (/Thread-Sub-45-Here-I-come)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Sub-45 Here I come. - bmclough - 15-04-2009

Cheers coach,

I think that session shows I am going in the right direction. :mmm:
Sometimes I get concerned that my adaption is a taking too long but I know patientce is key and injury results from pushing to hard.

On the cycles is it cool just to keep doing them or would it be advised to take a break at any point. I feel like I am starting to cope better with the cycles now. Legs feel good today for example after a hard few days. :jive:

I am doing week 2 twice now in order to accommodate my next target race of 5 miles on May 2nd. Then 3 weeks to my next 10k which will slot in another cycle.

B.

Sub-45 Here I come. - TheEd - 15-04-2009

a break can be planned for the end of May

however let's first get those races nailed

Smile

Cheer

TheEd

Sub-45 Here I come. - bmclough - 16-04-2009

Date: 15-04-2009
Time: 31:12
Distance: 4.48k
Avg HR: 139
Max HR: 162

Date: 16-04-2009
Time: 58:27
Distance: 8.18k
Avg HR: 144
Max HR: 157

Sub-45 Here I come. - TheEd - 17-04-2009

B how are you finding the pace of these runs?

are there days where it is easy and then days when you feel sluggish or is everything beginning to flow easily?

THeEd

Sub-45 Here I come. - bmclough - 17-04-2009

TheEd Wrote:B how are you finding the pace of these runs?

are there days where it is easy and then days when you feel sluggish or is everything beginning to flow easily?

THeEd

Overall I think they are starting to flow easily. I have not felt sluggish in a while now. Is this a general question or are you reading something from my data? Last night my run was not that enjoyable as my tummy was at me for half of it.

I have just being keeping to the recommended HR level resulting and now I just know the pace around 7:00-7:15 per km.

Also I have a very weird stiffness around the middle toe of my left foot today so I will monitor this. As you might recall I had planned to run a league run on Saturday, 8 mile but not as a target race. I will skip this if foot is not 100% on Saturday Morning. Seems to be a stiffness when pushing of the toe. Not a twinge I have ever felt before. :confused:

Is this the toe that is next to the big toe and if yes, is it longer than the big toe?

Was asking about the pace of the runs as your pulse was slightly higher and was wondering whether you intentionally ran at a higher level because u felt good?

Cheers

TheEd

Higher HR might be to do with the fact that I just wanted to get home as the tummy was at me.

The toe is beside the big toe but is a little shorter. Did you have a thought?

was querying the straight out identity for Morton's Toe ([SIZE="1"]reminder to self, need to do an article on this subject[/SIZE]) which is easily determined by the longer 2nd toe

shoes - how new are your shoes or how old are they?

Cheers

TheEd

Switched shoes 2 days ago. Only about 40-50km on these ones. The old ones had to get the bin as they were finito. Exact same runners Saucony Hurricane as recommended by gait analysis.

Does fit that the newer shoes may hurt me. I didn't feel anything though.

Always buy a new pair in advance of getting rid of an old pair

a good tip is to put the inner sole of the old shoes into the new pair until you wear the new shoes in

also consider alternating the shoes until the new pair is suitable ready for service

plan on having 2 pairs of shoes which you enjoy equally, by alternating them you give the shoes a chance to recover between runs thus extending the duration of the shoes as well as avoiding problems similar to what you have now which may be or may not be related to shoes

caution avoids problems

:yes:

TheEd