Running Information Forums
Can i mix running and football? - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: Can i mix running and football? (/Thread-Can-i-mix-running-and-football)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Can i mix running and football? - Stevie - 23-04-2009

Hi TheEd,
I done my 6x1ks on Tuesday and instead of keeping them at 3.55, i tried to cut them to 3.50 as i didn't get your last post till after the session.Sad My times were 3.46,3.48,3.48,3.53,3.53 and 3.53.
What time should i be targetting for my 2k reps if i increase them to 4 times as you suggested, last 2k times were 7.55,7.58 and 7.56. Also, i have a race planned for the 21st May so could you bear that in mind as i want to be "fresh" for it, thanx again.Smile

Can i mix running and football? - TheEd - 24-04-2009

you will be fine for the 21st May

for the 4x2000m ... same pace and same rest

you should cope

but try not to go faster in the first 2000

Cheers

TheEd

Can i mix running and football? - Stevie - 28-04-2009

WinkHi TheEd,
I done my 2K session tonight and increased it to 4x as suggested and aimed for 7.55 with R90. I got 7.55, 7.50 7.52 and 7.47Smile . Im very happy with the times and i looked back to check on my progress to find that on the 03/03 09 i done 3x 2K @ 8mins, 8.10 and 8.16. which has boosted my spirits immensely, however im not getting carried away or impatient, but have u any idea how far away from a 40 min 10k (approx) that i am.:mmm:
I understand that if you do give an indication as to how far off it is, it has alot of factors depending on it and that is not "set in stone" so to speak.
I also realise that theres still work to be done and im enjoying the challenge immensely.:mrburns:
p.s. Thanx again 4 the great advice Wink

Can i mix running and football? - TheEd - 29-04-2009

Hi Stevie

in the next cycle attempt to do 5 x 2000 at 3.55 per k and that will give you an exact indication of how close you are to being ready for a sub 40 minute 10k

and with that said, are there any races coming up soon?

Cheers

TheEd

Can i mix running and football? - Stevie - 29-04-2009

Got 1 comin up on the 21st May and theres one on Monday night (4th May) which i may attempt, depending on whemn i get finished work, as its a 1hr drive and im not sure how "fresh" i'll be, thx 4 quick reply, cheers.

Can i mix running and football? - Stevie - 30-04-2009

No, back to plan A, that one on Monday is full so it'll be the 21st May.
Would i be best to continue doing wot im doing or go onto the 40min 10k program and hit that date on race day?

Can i mix running and football? - TheEd - 01-05-2009

3 weeks .. attempt the 5x2000 within the next 7 days and then 1 more session of 1000's and you should be good to go

TheEd

:mrburns:

Can i mix running and football? - Stevie - 10-05-2009

Hi TheEd,
Had a poor week, didnt get my session of 5x2Ks done till today,was working late on Tuesday (my normal night for sessions) so put it off till Friday, then came home from work feeling "under the weather" and fell asleep after my dinner (7pm) and slept right through till the Saturday morning (8am).
In the morning, I felt better so went and played my football (soccer) as usual at 9.30am.On the way home i suffered a migrane headache and vision impairment, so took paracetamol and took it easy for the rest of the day.(yesterday).
So today i attempted the 5x 2Ks@7.55 and achieved the following results,7.58,8.10,8.10,8.20 and 8.14.:noway: dont know what to take out of this session and its given my confidence a kick into touch for my next race,(a week on Thur). Before today, my race plan was to run at 4mins per K and see how far i got without dropping pace and hopefully if it was 7 or 8k then i would be able to push hard and dig in to go as near to 40mins as possible, but now im thinking all negatives and dont know what pace to set myself at.
I am going to run another session of 6x1k @ 3.50 R60 this week Tues which leaves me 9 days to race day, what shall i do in that time?
Thanx 4 your support Ed.

Can i mix running and football? - TheEd - 10-05-2009

put the experience behind you nad focus on getting a last 6 x 1k session in this week

and then we prepare for the race

once you feeling perky everything will fall into place

TheEd

Can i mix running and football? - Stevie - 14-05-2009

Hi Ed,
I've not been feeling very well for the last week and im putting the bad session down to a bug, i've been taking it easy and will do my session of 6x1Ks at 3.50 on Sunday, then i'll report back my times.I'll then have 4 days to race day.
Thx 4 your support.