Running Information Forums
Can i mix running and football? - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: Can i mix running and football? (/Thread-Can-i-mix-running-and-football)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Can i mix running and football? - TheEd - 15-05-2009

don't do 6 x 1000m

rather do 3 x 1000m at around 3.45 with 3 minutes Rest in-between

if you feel light and sprightly you should be ready

please provide feedback

TheEd

Can i mix running and football? - Stevie - 17-05-2009

Hi Ed,
Done my 3x1ks today at 3.45, only took R90 in between due to habit, (forgot Sad ) but i felt good and im feelin alot better than last week when i was struggling.Completed them comfortably. Smile Im now looking forward to my race on Thursday.Im playing football tomorrow night (Monday) and Wednesday is my rest day anyway, i was going to do a light Fartlek on Tuesday or a half hour easy pace? what do u suggest?
Thanx again Ed Wink

Can i mix running and football? - TheEd - 17-05-2009

do the fartlek but don't get too carried away, save it for the race

Cheers

TheEd

Can i mix running and football? - Stevie - 17-05-2009

Will do, thanx again, i'll let you know how i go.
p.s. how im i a still a junior member and how are they catagorised?

Can i mix running and football? - TheEd - 21-05-2009

they are done on amount of posts however it is still the default mechanism and it must be changed

Smile

TheEd

Can i mix running and football? - Stevie - 23-05-2009

Hi TheEd,
I done my first race this year on Thursday, my time was 41.37 which is my P.B.Having only done three 10Ks. I started the race at a better pace because i was forced to, as i started too far back in the pack through politeness and was weaving through "fun runners" for the 1st 2Ks.
At 1K i was at 4.10 and was quite happy as im usually too fast, so i lifted it a bit and at 2 K i was at 7.50 so i kept the pace steady till i got to the 3K marker, but as time approached the 12 mins, the 3K marker was no where in sight, so i plodded on and at passed it at 12.30:noway: so i knew at this point the 40 min target was gone.
I continued and tried to hold a steady pace and was 20.50 at the turn and more or less ignored the watch from there back and just ran as quick as i could, pressing the last 2k as hard as possible.
I enjoyed it and although its a P.B. i am a little bit dissapointed at the time because of the way it turned out.
Speaking to the other runners after the race, i think the 2K marker may have been in the wrong place and too near the 1K.
I also didnt feel at my freshest after a days work and an hours drive to the race.
However, that said, i feel that my time is an honest reflection of the ability/pace of which im running at this time, so no excuses or ifs or buts.
This race was the first of a series of 10Ks which are run a week apart and i was thinking of doing the next one whuch is on Thursday, as they are well organised and chip timed. Whats your advice on this???
Thanx again for all your help Ed, with all thats been said here, heres a fact..
I've knocked 2 and a half mins off my personal best since September by adhering to your advice :great:
Im hungry for more success tho, :mrburns:

Can i mix running and football? - TheEd - 24-05-2009

good stuff Stevie

monitor yourself between the races and hopefully you are able to get more results over the next few weeks

Cheers

TheEd

Can i mix running and football? - Stevie - 24-05-2009

I think i'll do the one this week, Thursday night, what should i do on Tuesday? Im playing football on Monday. Im thinking an easy 30min fartlek on Tuesday?
Thx. Smile

Can i mix running and football? - TheEd - 26-05-2009

go for a light 30 min run the soccer is sufficient at present

TheEd

Can i mix running and football? - Stevie - 28-05-2009

Hi Ed,
Done my 10k run tonight and another P.B. 41.11 (not official yet,awaiting results page) Felt that i pushed a bit harder tonight and even now,5hrs after the race, i can feel my legs telling me that i ran harder.
Theres another one next week,which is the 3rd in the series of 4 but i dont think i'll do it, im going to set myself another race later on and im going to work hard on my sessions in the meantime.
My race plan worked better tonight, i was 4.05,8.00,12.05,16.10,20.15,24.15,28.30,32.45,37.05,41.11. which i think is a better and more balanced run than last week, even though i faded in the second half.I feel that im learning from each race to pace myself better.(Now having the experience of four 10k races :jester: ) but seriously, im getting faster and enjoying the challenge.Thx again Smile
:mrburns: