Running Information Forums
Sub 35 - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: Sub 35 (/Thread-Sub-35)

Sub 35 - jamieh - 27-08-2012

2nd in Tri today, only 15s off the top spot Smile

90s improvement over April. 15s on swim, 1min on bike, 15s on transitions, v. pleased with progress. Run felt great (although time was slow due to some course changes).

Planning on easy run tomorrow & will hit the 1k's on Weds. Next race is 9th Sept so will stick to the run programme for the rest of this cycle.

Sub 35 - TheEd - 27-08-2012

seems like u in a good space

TheEd

Sub 35 - jamieh - 31-08-2012

6x1kR60 (Track) on Wednesday

3:22
3:16
3:16
3:18
3:17
3:14

Weight: 78kg
Weather: 25mph wind, driving rain!

Pretty tough 1k session on wednesday, although not overly concerned given the nightmarish weather and that my legs were still pretty sore from race on Mon.

Felt great in 15k easy yesterday, though, and legs are feeling brilliant today (rest day). Weight also down at 76.5kg so hoping for a decent paced 5k tomorrow. Doing the old Bushy ParkRun for first time since I was in Paris!

Sub 35 - jamieh - 03-09-2012

16:57 in paced 5k on Sat morning.

Didn't have it on the day unfortunately. I arrived late, so my heart was racing on the start line & I just never managed to relax into a rhythm. Felt like a struggle from the first k.

Big race next Sunday (olympic distance tri) so considering taking it pretty easy all-round this week apart from sharpener sessions (10x400).

Hope all is well with you.

J

Sub 35 - jamieh - 10-09-2012

3rd at Bala triathlon yesterday against a strong field Smile

1hr 55mins.. fastest time ever on a true course. Also qualified for European champs next July (Turkey) which could be great prep for the worlds later in the year.

Next (and final) race is London on 23rd.

Not sure on programme between now and then? If I stick to the schedule that would mean getting the 2k's/1k's done and racing the tri at the time of the 'Paced 5k'...

But not sure if I should tweak a little bit since London is quite important (particularly the run - since it's an elite triathlon with drafting on the bike so legs should be a little fresher).

Any thought's?

Thx,
Jamie

(P.S legs feeling good today after race. Am in the lake district for a week with work, went out for 1hr easy in the fells this evening).

Sub 35 - TheEd - 11-09-2012

nice going Jamie .. tweak before the 23rd

consider doing a slightly different session this Thursday focusing on pace judgement and confidence building

2 x 2k @ 3.25 per k (this is the session that 3.20 per k is the future aim)

Rest 90 sec followed by 4 x 1k in 3.15 to 3.20 per k with Rest 60

please ask questions

next week should be treated as a normal run down to the event

your thoughts?

TheEd

Sub 35 - jamieh - 16-09-2012

2x2k(R90) + 4x1k(R60) (Track)

6:45
6:46
----
3:20
3:22
3:19
3:13

Weight 77.7kg. Weather: Windy (14mph)

Pretty happy with pace judgement on the track today & feeling confident. Various commitments meant I couldn't do this session until today unfortunately, but hoping that will still give me time for a come-down into the race next Sunday.

Been doing lots of fell running this week so my quads are completely destructivised (could barely walk this morning). Although interestingly they felt absolutely fine running on the track. I guess its all calves and hammys at speed!

Will get a massage this week for sure & go ahead with the usual final week (including 400's on Tuesday) unless you think otherwise?!

Thanks as always Smile

Jamie

Sub 35 - TheEd - 17-09-2012

Hi Jamie .. nice session

though dabbling with 'fell' running so close to your 'important' event is not wise Wink

instead of the 400's look to do 3 x 5 minutes fast @ 10k race pace with 2 minutes easy in-between

have a nice relaxed run down to the event

enjoy

TheEd

Sub 35 - jamieh - 17-09-2012

Brilliant, sounds like a plan!

Yes I know fell running wasn't ideal, but I just couldn't resist when surrounded by all those hills and legacy (Bob Graham Round and such). Luckily I managed to get away uninjured Smile

Sub 35 - jamieh - 19-09-2012

Hi there,

Had a good session with the 3x5mins yesterday (paces were 3:25, 3:21, 3:19 - all reasonably comfortable).

Strangely, however, I woke up early this morning with a persistent pain in my tail-bone (coccyx). Not something I've had before and I certainly haven't had any trauma to the area. Ran my easy 10k today at lunch-time and by the end it was feeling pretty sore.

Have you ever heard of anything like this? Am trying to book in to see my chiropractor ASAP. Will ice tonight and see how it feels in the morning but probably won't do my fart-lek session if it persists.

hmm...