Running Information Forums
Sub 35 - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: Sub 35 (/Thread-Sub-35)

Sub 35 - TheEd - 15-11-2012

Hi Jamie, certainly a decent session and more so considering the 'weight'

as you know, once your weight drops closer towards race day, your performance is bound to be linear to this change

now don't get carried away Wink be sensible and stick closer to 'less is more' currently

TheEd

Sub 35 - jamieh - 20-11-2012

6x1k (R60), Track:

3:16
3:15
3:13

Windy (13mph)
Weight: 76.5kg (you were right... as usual!)

Very pleased with the session this morning. Had 3:20's in mind, but 3:15 ended up feeling a more natural pace. By no means easy (my legs were screaming on the last 2) but I got through it.

Everything is still in order (no injuries) after the 2k/90min/1k sessions. And 84k total run last week which is in fact the most I've ever run in a week.

Wondering if I might even be able to put down another reasonable 10k before the year is out (boxing day)....

Sub 35 - TheEd - 20-11-2012

make sure to hydrate properly which should bring the weight into better perspective Wink

you have had a decent week and there is no reason you can't pop out a decent 10k

what have you planned for the end of this cycle?

TheEd

Ok, ok... 78kg after lunch and properly hydrated Smile It's still progress, though!

I was considering a fast 5k Park Run at end of this cycle, after a controlled one (around 17mins) this Saturday in the 'paced' session.

What do you think?

Sub 35 - TheEd - 20-11-2012

only mentioned that so you don't think you putting on weight when it rises again, though the interval work (2k & 1k) does make a massive difference

start off this Saturday's paced run at PB pace .. don't start off too fast but rather at a steady pace and see if you able to pick it up from 3k

then we can chat about next week's approach

you haven't really got anything till the end December so you may as well have a little fun these next 2 Saturdays

what say you?

TheEd

Awesome, you won't need to ask me twice to have a crack at running fast Wink

Will see what I can do on Sat, as you say will go out steady at PB pace & look to push on from 3k if I have the legs.

J

Sub 35 - TheEd - 21-11-2012

good stuff .. as always looking forward to the feedback

TheEd

Sub 35 - jamieh - 24-11-2012

16:58 in 5k parkrun today

3:27
3:22
3:20
3:20
3:29

Weight: 78kg
Weather: SO muddy Sad

Legs were feeling great... but unfortunately the weather had other plans! Super muddy/slippery in the first & last k's which meant jogging quite a few parts & difficult to find rhythm.

Good news is I was feeling v. comfortable & the weight seems to be stable at around 78 which bodes well for moving forwards.

Onwards.

Sub 35 - TheEd - 24-11-2012

should be better next week

Smile

Sub 35 - jamieh - 01-12-2012

16:40 in parkrun today.

3:17
3:19
3:24

Weight 77.5
Weather: Cold (-1 deg). Light wind

Pleased with the result! Only 5s off pb... encouraging since only 1 cycle in Smile. Felt smooth all the way, although went out a little fast and paid for it in last K.

Importantly, I'm also in pretty reasonable shape on the bike & swim. When I ran the 16:35 I was almost totally focused on running.

Looking forward to getting another cycle under my belt and attacking the 10k on Boxing Day.

J