Running Information Forums
Sub 35 - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: Sub 35 (/Thread-Sub-35)

Sub 35 - jamieh - 22-01-2013

Thanks TheEd. That session definitely makes sense and sounds fun!

Unfortunately track was closed today with snow. And all the parks around here are super snowy/slippery + treadmills at work are out of use! Nightmare. I tried to do the 1600's outside but was so slippery I could barely walk. Times were pretty much meaningless but I worked pretty hard Smile

Quads are super tight again. Eugh. Having massage tonight so will see how feel tomorrow before planning rest of week. Most likely just some easy jogging/swimming, though.

Cheers,
Jamie

Sub 35 - TheEd - 22-01-2013

can you imagine if you tried to do the 400m session

Big Grin

Sub 35 - jamieh - 28-01-2013

Hey there,

So unfortunately the sore quads ended up being more serious than I thought. Have just been easy jogging since last Tuesday, building gradually from 5k up to 10k today (which I ran completely without pain, including last 5k at pace). So I am finally out of the woods!

Problem is I have a 10k race on Sunday. What do you think is my best bet for training this week? I've been doing lots of swimming/biking so am still in shape.

P.S do you know anything about blood pressure? I had a routine test done at work last Friday and I came out at 145/70, which the nurse was a little concerned about considering low heart rate/body-fat (12%).

I bought my own blood pressure monitor over the weekend and tested myself in a calmer environment throughout the weekend. Results were better (average 125/65 with HR of 38 bpm). But apparently it's still pre-hypertension.

Sub 35 - jamieh - 29-01-2013

Did 3x1600 with full rest today since the session was a bit of a joke last week in the snow! Had to do it on treadmill due to work commitments but enjoyed the session and felt strong.

Set the treadmill at 1% incline, 3:15 pace & managed all 3 very comfortably. Max HR was 156 on 1st, 158 on 2nd, 160 on 3rd.

Will do the usual build to Sunday race: 20min light tempo on Thurs, 6x1min Fri, Rest Sat unless you think needs tweaking?

J

Sub 35 - TheEd - 29-01-2013

no .. no tweeking, I am hoping you can avoid any problems

TheEd
ps.. if you read back and go through your training, you will probably find that you did things when with hindsight you would not have done .. so remem to give yourself the necessary recovery instead of rushing on to the training .. hopefully the mechanics all come right

Sub 35 - jamieh - 31-01-2013

Thanks TheEd.

Did light tempo today and felt good (despite 20mph wind!). 6k at just under 3:30 pace. I'm never quite sure how fast to go on a light tempo so I basically just kept it as relaxed as I could while pushing at about 75%.

Fingers crossed the wind dies down for Sunday.

Thanks,
Jamie

Sub 35 - TheEd - 01-02-2013

one of the things is to be sensible and not push against the wind .. running hard in training against the wind, can often cause major fatigue

you felt good after the session, so things sound as though they in-tune

TheEd

Sub 35 - jamieh - 01-02-2013

Thanks... I'll keep that in mind re: wind in the future.

No wind today in London so did my 6x1min. Felt good & nicely reined in at <3:25 pace so let's see what happens on the day!

Sub 35 - jamieh - 03-02-2013

33:37 Big Grin Wahoo!!

3:27 (uphill start)
3:16
3:19
3:20
3:28 (16:50)
3:25
3:26
3:27
3:18
3:10 (33:37)

Weight: 76kg
Weather: Windy (12mph)

Quite a morning! Felt awesome (and light) on the line despite a bit of a cold on Fri/Sat. First few k's flew by effortlessly (mostly flat/downhill) & went through 5k feeling very loose/easy. I saw the time (16:50) & decided not to push on despite feeling strong (remembered what you said about the 10k not really starting until 7k!). 7k came and somehow I still felt great so pushed on from there.

I actually managed to not eat any cake/chocolate/sweets all week + ate very light in days leading up to race - I think that played a big part. Also really strong start-list meant lots of people to pace off.

Anyway, taking a couple of easy days running. Any thoughts on programme between now and Sat 17th (another 10k - on my pb course from last year).

THANK YOU!

Jamie

Sub 35 - TheEd - 04-02-2013

congrats Jamie and if you read further back I do not believe it ends there, though you have to 'hear' me when I make suggestions about bringing the best out of your ability and not over-training

and a further congrats

give yourself a few days recovery and lets discuss the overall balance of your training as things are certainly looking up for you

nice going

TheEd