Running Information Forums
Sub 35 - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: Sub 35 (/Thread-Sub-35)

Sub 35 - jamieh - 25-02-2013

Hey there,

Quick update: unfortunately I ran into a brand new injury last week. After the race on Sunday I did 2x easy 50min runs on Mon/Tues and started to get pain in my left posterior tibial tendon (around inside ankle bone). It's been improving with no running (just bike/swim which are both painless). Tried a short run yesterday (after 4 days off) and could still feel it slightly so stopped. Going to see my physio tomorrow.

Fingers crossed I can get it fixed this week and get back on the running in time for April.

Will keep you posted.

J

Sub 35 - TheEd - 25-02-2013

that is a definite overuse injury, running 2 x 50 minutes after a 10k race is certainly not necessary

hopefully we can learn from this

onwards and forwards

TheEd

Sub 35 - jamieh - 28-02-2013

Indeed... the learning never stops with running it seems Smile

Had a good session with the physio yesterday. It is indeed my tibialis posterior. Lots of scar tissue where the tendon connects to arch of my foot causing the tendon to tighten and inflame around the ankle. He released it very nicely, it's feeling good today and I'm planning a short run tomorrow to give him feedback and see if it needs another treatment.

Fingers crossed.

Sub 35 - TheEd - 28-02-2013

yeppers .. another lesson learned, you should bounce back soon enough

cheers

TheEd

Sub 35 - jamieh - 05-03-2013

Hey there,

Quick update. Things seem to be well on the mend. 5k on Sunday + 6k yesterday with only 1/10 (max) soreness in the ankle (better each day).

Ran 8k today with last 2k in 6:40 and felt really good - no pain at all during the faster section (and max 0.5/10 for the rest of the run). If I can get through an easy 10k tomorrow with no pain at all then I'm gonna hit the 2k's on Thursday.

That way I'll be able to get a full cycle in before the Tri on April 1st.

Good news is in the last 2 weeks of barely any running I've been able to ramp up my swim/bike nicely. Feeling strong in both!

Sub 35 - TheEd - 05-03-2013

great Jamie .. though cut the run to 20 to 30 minutes before the 2k session

serves no purpose to run 10k and then the 2k session

cheers

TheEd

Sub 35 - jamieh - 05-03-2013

Sounds like a plan. 20-30mins it is tomorrow.

Will let you know how the 2k's go. It's been a while my old friends...

Sub 35 - jamieh - 07-03-2013

5x2k R90 (Track)

6:39
6:45
6:47
6:48
6:38

Weight: 77.5kg
Weather: Some Wind (7mph), raining

Pretty pleased with the session today considering lack of running in last few weeks! Had to dig pretty deep on the last one, but other than that I tried to keep it fairly relaxed throughout.

Best news is ankle was perfect, no pain at all Smile

Sub 35 - TheEd - 08-03-2013

nice going .. we must look to get some training in now, instead of results based training, so you able to lay a little foundation

we know you get into shape quickly (6 weeks), so try to get some basics in

basics = an aerobic foundation

TheEd
ps.. please ask for further clarity, if needed

Sub 35 - jamieh - 08-03-2013

Makes sense. I'm gonna stick to this cycle ready for the April 1st race... but will try not to focus to hard on the speed of my quality sessions. Instead will focus on building up the aerobic runs to 60mins again + easy speed in the 1k's/paced 5k/400's.

Cheers,
Jamie