Running Information Forums
Sub 35 - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: Sub 35 (/Thread-Sub-35)

Sub 35 - TheEd - 03-06-2013

we'll see Wink

Sub 35 - jamieh - 06-06-2013

5x2kR90 (track)

6:42
6:44
6:48
6:49
6:42

Weight: 78.5kg
Weather: Wind (12mph) HOT (23 degrees)

Reasonable set of 2k's today in the heat (well... for London Wink) & a stiff breeze on the home straight. Times were going the wrong way... but I managed to keep them all relatively relaxed & legs were feeling good. I've been a little indulgent on the chocolate/cake front since the race on Sunday so the weight was up a bit, but nothing I shouldn't be able to shed before the 1k super-session next week!

Will keep you posted.

J

Sub 35 - TheEd - 06-06-2013

good to get the session completed as your 10k is dictated by this session

we going to be doing some different things to work on the 5k speed

so something new coming up after the 5k session

cheers

TheEd

Sub 35 - jamieh - 07-06-2013

Awesome, looking forward to the new stuff.

FYI I have just entered a fast, road 5k on Mon 24th June which should fit nicely as the race for this cycle. Also gives me another full cycle after it before olympic distance national tri champs in July.

Sub 35 - jamieh - 10-06-2013

Nice long run yesterday (first in ages) & managed to get a full 20k done in <90mins. 70k for the week (have been averaging 40-50 for last 6 weeks due to niggles) and no aches and pains!

Planning to aim for 3:15's for the 1k's tomorrow (except for last one) + 73-74s for the 400's. That sound about right to you?

Sub 35 - TheEd - 11-06-2013

this sounds good .. make sure to balance the body and keep everything in working order .. after the session give yourself a day or two recovery before looking at any quality on the bike or run

swim should be fine

TheEd

Sub 35 - jamieh - 11-06-2013

Track: 4x1k+400(R60,R90) + R4m + 1k

3:17
3:06
3:11
3:08
- 4m rest -
3:04

Weight: 78kg
Weather: cool, light wind (6mph)

Really enjoyed the session this morning. Started at 7:30am (I usually run at lunch or evening) so first rep was tough to wake up the legs & I overcompensated in the second 1k (3:06!). Probably should have done a proper warm up in hindsight! Also lost track of time a bit in the 3min rest and took 4mins, but ran fast so not too worried about that Wink

Having the 400's is great, definitely stops you slowing down on the 1k's, although I did find it much harder to pace the 1k's consistently (as you can see).

Anyway, legs feeling great now, but will take a couple days recovery as you say.

Slight change of race plan... I got invited to race a big triathlon this Sunday in Windsor (olympic distance). Super strong elite field so couldn't really pass up the opportunity! I guess it should fit in ok, though, since I would have been doing a paced 5k this weekend anyway?

Cheers,
J

Sub 35 - TheEd - 11-06-2013

nice session JH .. the last 1k is promising .. will look to do some 3 minutes per k work quite soon, depending on recovery from TRI

nothing much more you can do this week before event

enjoy

TheEd

Sub 35 - jamieh - 19-06-2013

25th/40 pro's in the Tri on Sunday.

Not a bad result considering the quality of the field... but unfortunately should have been a lot better. I got really beaten up in the swim & missed the front bike pack. Ended up cycling with only 2 others so we lost a lot of time and my legs were completely trashed for the run (38 mins... oops, although very slow run course with 3 steep hills).

Anyway, legs are feeling good and recovered after a few days of eating and gentle jogging.

What do you think would be the best plan given I'm hoping to try and run a fast 5k next Monday evening? 10x400 session tomorrow?

Cheers!
J

Sub 35 - TheEd - 19-06-2013

you will be OK for Monday but no quality on the legs this week

aerobic runs till at least Friday and then consider an accelerated 20 to 30 minutes .. start off slowly picking the pace up in 3rd's (please ask further clarification if need be)

Saturday do the 6 x 1 min fast / slow at 5k pace

then you should be ready to race

TheEd