Running Information Forums
Sub 35 - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: Sub 35 (/Thread-Sub-35)

Sub 35 - TheEd - 06-03-2012

good stuff .. please note that the putting on off weight is a good sign as it means the body has recuperated

a 4k time-trial would also be sufficient and would serve our purposes just as well

Cheers

TheEd

Sub 35 - jamieh - 08-03-2012

Thanks TheEd.

Ok, 4k TT it is. Will do it on the same track I do my intervals on. That should allow us to dial in the future pacing's more accurately.

Enjoyed my 5x8mins this morning. After my 4k on Saturday and 75mins on Sunday... this is going to be my biggest week ever (about 80k!). Leg's feeling great, though.

Sub 35 - TheEd - 08-03-2012

Great .. don note that once you have adapted to the 1hr runs, you do not drop them when you go onto the program

if during the build-up you have got used to running aerobically relaxed then the 1hr runs became the staple diet in your training

this is the progressive nature of the program for future development

the higher aerobic content of the program assists in recovery between sessions and races, allowing the athlete to race at a higher level for a longer period

and with progression the athlete is able to use the race period to greater effect

if you patient the program can take you to heights you would not have considered previously

enjoy

TheEd

Sub 35 - jamieh - 08-03-2012

When you say that the relaxed 1hr runs should not be dropped, do you mean I should try to fit them in as additional mileage in weeks 2/3 (i.e. as mentioned in the programme tips section)?

I have been enjoying them (and doing them early morning before work) so that should be doable...

Sub 35 - TheEd - 08-03-2012

yes .. when you come onto the 'specific' training again hopefully you are used to the 1hr runs without any problems

1hr is in many ways no different to 40 minutes however the extra 20 minutes sets you up when you start edging your way to 33 minute 10k running

as mentioned there is a lot to the program

and by the way, if you go towards more cycling we can find a way to balance it via the cycling .. though we can chat about that later

TheEd

Sub 35 - jamieh - 10-03-2012

12:58 for the 4k this morning**

Pretty rough session. Went out hard and found myself deep in the locker from about lap two!

Time to get properly fit again... Smile

What would you recommend for my 2k,1k,400 splits moving forward? I plan to kick off with the program as of next week (so 2k's on Thursday).

** Actually I did 3.6k in 11:40, at which point I could unfortunately no longer fight the call of nature. So after a 30sec break to 'address the call'... I cruised the last 400 in 1:18 (feeling like a new man!).

Sub 35 - TheEd - 10-03-2012

please don't forget to weigh yourself .. this is a good start

3.15 per k .. not too shabby ..

you will start Tuesday with Day One and then 5 x 2k on Thursday

will provide pace shortly .. for now we will use the sub 35 minute 10k program as the structure with us changing your times for the session

please provide feedback about how the 1hr runs go please, it would be great if we could maintain that aerobic run

chat soon

TheEd

Sub 35 - jamieh - 11-03-2012

Cool, thanks TheEd. I'll wait to hear from you on pacing for Thurs.

I ran the 4k yesterday at 79kg. When I raced the 10k last month I was 76.6kg (which was the lightest I've been in many years). FYI I'm just over 6ft 2in.

Will keep u posted on how I react to the aerobic sessions alongside program.

J

Sub 35 - jamieh - 11-03-2012

One other question re: extra Aerobic runs in weeks 2/3:

... There are a few days where it will be this aerobic 10k in the morning, then also an "easy day of 10k running" or "15k Easy distance" or "40 mins easy". In these cases, which should be easier in terms of pace? The am 10k, or the one on the program? Or both about the same?

I can see the 6x1k day is going to be interesting with an aerobic 10k in the morning... Smile

Thanks!
Jamie

Sub 35 - TheEd - 12-03-2012

Hi jamie, those 10k am runs are not planned for now, you at least 6 months off that, and this will be very much more a case of you wanting to add those to your schedule according to your development

these are all in relation to the body's compensation and super compensation, to adjust aspects so that development can continue in the right direction. All with progressive development in mind

so no rush to think of the 10k am runs Wink

for the first cycle you can start at 3.35 per k for the 2k = 7.10

and the 6 x 1k 3.25 to 3.20 per k

do note, that often coming back after the build-up the sessions will feel more difficult than expected for the pace given, however the body adjusts has you a higher level quite quickly

so don't read too much into the pace of the intervals .. simply do them and get used to the training routine again

enjoy

TheEd