Running Information Forums
Sub 35 - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: Sub 35 (/Thread-Sub-35)

RE: Sub 35 - jamieh - 17-03-2020

Cheers Ed. I'm with you... although not too much danger of this as unfortunately my plantar faciitis came back with a vengeance after a 35k long run 2 weeks back. All the races and training sessions are cancelled anyway so I'm going to use the next couple of months as a full on recovery. Seeing a physio and working on strengthening the whole chain with lots of silly little exercises Wink I'll keep you posted on recovery. Hope you and the family are keeping safe.

RE: Sub 35 - TheEd - 20-04-2020

Hi Jamie, seemed to miss this post .. not nice to hear about the PF but at least there are no deadlines. Without stating the obvious Wink .. you really need to learn when to back off after a period of decent running, instead of trying to take it to the next level too soon

anyways .. safe as .. and stay well

TheEd

RE: Sub 35 - jamieh - 13-05-2020

Cheers Ed - obviously you are right (as always) about backing off.

Quick update, I took a good few weeks off running and have actually been back on the bike (mostly virtually) but I've been enjoying it a lot.

I started running again last week and plan to do a good 4-6 weeks of easy build up (continuing the biking) to get the muscles aligned. So far the foot is perfect. Everything is actually feeling very loose and open so I think the break was well needed...

RE: Sub 35 - TheEd - 13-05-2020

nice to hear from you Jamie .. and magnificent to hear all good with the body

would be great to hear about the running you do

onwards TheEd

RE: Sub 35 - shadydaz - 14-05-2020

Zwift? Add me if so ?

RE: Sub 35 - jamieh - 16-07-2020

Hope all is well with you and the family! We've been in Sweden with the in-laws for the past 3 weeks while work is completed on our house in Bristol, heading back this weekend.

Running wise for the past couple of months I've just been doing easy runs (4:45/km) 4-6 times per week including a long run (21k+) on the weekends. Everything with HR under 120. The foot made a slight resurgence in June, but since putting my Orthotics back in, it has been decreasing steadily (even alongside increasing mileage) and is now in very good shape. To be on the safe side I've seen a sports medicine consultant and have an MRI scheduled for August to be certain there are no stress reactions/fractures contributing.

I reached 80k/week by the first week in July and so started introducing some speed last week with a view to kicking off regular training cycles in August (assuming the MRI is clear) and working towards the re-scheduled (although probably unlikely to actually occur!) London Marathon Oct 4th.

Thurs - 6x 1.6k (R90 jog) - 6:24, 5:59, 5:25, 5:25, 5:49, 6:15
Sat - 5k tempo -16:50
Tues - 6x1k (R60 jog) - 3:17, 3:17, 3:20, 3:15, 3:20, 3:11

Weight has come steadily down from 82kg in May (mainly due cycling muscles returning) to a shade over 77kg this week (I stopped cycling end June).

I've also ditched the carbon plated shoes for the time being as am fairly confident they contributed to my foot issues, and have begun including regular stabalisation, glute activation and intrinsic foot strengthening excercises into my routine (single leg squats, glute bridges, foot scrunching, toe raises, wobble cushion stands).

RE: Sub 35 - TheEd - 16-07-2020

Hi Jamie, great to hear from you and good to see you managing the body et al

wow .. 16:50 .. be cautious, as that was a fair amount of quality training over that period there ..

keep me informed to all the aspects feet related and what gets done

you should try get under 16 minutes for the 5k over the next month or so .. that should then equate to a faster 10k and then onto a decent marathon

all good then

TheEd

RE: Sub 35 - jamieh - 22-07-2020

Cheers Ed - = Sub 16 5k sounds like a great goal in the early stages of the Marathon block.

Will be back in touch once the sessions start properly in August. Keeping it rolling for now and all still feeling good.

RE: Sub 35 - TheEd - 22-07-2020

Hi Jamie, nice to hear all planning in the right direction. With the cancellation of Tallinn Marathon Events we are left in a don't know what to do scenario.

onwards TheEd

RE: Sub 35 - jamieh - 19-08-2020

Hey Ed - hope all is well with you and the family.

Good news from the MRI - I don't have a stress fracture or stress reaction Smile Interestingly, I also don't have plantar fasciitis. The issue is 'tenosynovitis at the master knot of Henry'. It's likely due to lack of stability along the whole right leg chain (glutes and below) and is for some reason exacerbated by firm/bouncy shoes (like the vaporfly). It's well on the mend and nothing chronic so doc is happy with me managing conservatively and working on strengthening the chain.

I've now done 8 weeks at ~95k/week including a bit of speed work and did a 16:48 5k on the track this weekend. Honestly I was hoping to go a bit faster but given I've done very limited speed work (really just 3 'sessions' in the past couple of months) and it was very humid, still not a bad starting point.

Hoping to kick off with some sessions from next week.

London Marathon is officially cancelled but I've signed up to an excellent alternative "Wrexham Elite Marathon" (sub 2:40 entry requirement) which has attracted pretty much all the UK based marathoners who can't run the majors due to covid. Should be a great, fast race with 400+ already entered. Oct 4th and very 'covid compliant' so hopefully a good chance of going ahead.

Sub 16 is the first order of business!