Running Information Forums
Obsessive Runner - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: Obsessive Runner (/Thread-Obsessive-Runner)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Obsessive Runner - Snads - 20-05-2009

Hi Ed, I'm gutted, following on from my sore & tired legs I've developed the signs of a cold, bad nose and throat, so I opted to skip day 14:easy 30 and it looks like day 15:3x5m@10kpace is going to go the same way. I'd be interested in what you thought about training with the symptons of a cold and what I should do in the build up to race on Day19? Cheers, Snads, Atishoo!!

Obsessive Runner - TheEd - 20-05-2009

Snads

these things happen, this is the adaptation period to new things and the body is under new and different stresses, you will come out of this stronger and the natural antibodies that develop will assist you in time, so take heart that you are getting this behind you.

Take rest and give the body the extra opportunity to recover

Then provide feedback and we can see where you are a little later

don't create the stress of trying to rush your recovery

TheEd

Obsessive Runner - Snads - 23-05-2009

Hi The Ed, the cold never really took hold but it's still lingering and certainly affecting my sleep more than anything else. I did nothing on day 14, played 5-A-Side on day 15 felt OK, day 16 ran easy 30mins, day 17 ran easy 30mins. Today is day 18 rest but I'm tired and my legs are sore. Race is tomorrow and I'm thinking about either going for it. Running it slow and just enjoying the marvellous setting or not doing at all. What do you think? I've got another race planned for 9th June (5.9 miles). Before you say it I know I shouldn't have played 5-A-Side, I tried to get out of it but they ended up a man down and it had been arranged for weeks!!!!

Obsessive Runner - TheEd - 24-05-2009

play it by ear and hopefully you get a chance to recover

TheEd

Obsessive Runner - Snads - 24-05-2009

Hi Ed, too late I felt a bit better so ran it. It was a tough 10k was the middle 3k was across sand and it was the warmest day of the year. That said, given my poor preparation I did it in 47:14 which I was really pleased with. Ave HR 181, Max 195.
My plan is to rest tomorrow and start on Tuesday at Day 5 of the schedule so Day 19 is bang on for my next race. Do you agree? Any other comments?

Obsessive Runner - TheEd - 25-05-2009

Hi snads

I would consider taking a few days easy running and then by Wednesday evening see if you are up for the 2000m session come Thursday

Tuesday 2000's may be too early

Good to hear you chuffed with the run just take care of yourself to be on the cautious side

TheEd

Obsessive Runner - Snads - 25-05-2009

Hi, I'm confused as my day5 for Tuesday is 1hr30min time on feet. The 2000's would have been on day3. What do you suggest I change from picking up from day5 on Tuesday? Cheers, Snads.

Obsessive Runner - TheEd - 26-05-2009

apologies .. mix up on my side

start Tuesday as Day 5 .. this means you skip the 2000's of Day 3 however you will need to consider doing that session instead of the 1000's as it is the most important session for development

are you rid of your cold, please?

Cheers

TheEd

Obsessive Runner - Snads - 30-05-2009

Hi TheEd, not been a great week. I've done 30mins easy each day. Not managed the 2k's or 1k's as legs/shins too sore. I gave myself today off and was intending to pick up from day10 tomorrow and onwards from there. Cold is better but still got a niggly cough. Is that OK or do you think I should swap some of the days to ensure I get the 2k's in???? Snads.

Obsessive Runner - TheEd - 30-05-2009

recover completely and then we should reshuffle things or even begin from the start of the cycle again

TheEd