Running Information Forums
Obsessive Runner - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: Obsessive Runner (/Thread-Obsessive-Runner)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Obsessive Runner - Snads - 03-07-2009

Hi TheEd,
Day 16 easy30
Day 17 easy30
Day 19 did 45:46 for 10,060m in the race, it was a good course though it was hot and humid. Did as you said 7.10m mile pace. Problem was got a really bad stitch from 3-5miles which I tried to run through but couldn't, had to back off the pace a little to 7.25m mile pace and it lightened for the last mile where I got the ave back down to 7.19m pace but too little too late, so just Pb'd over the distance but couldn't break that elusive 45min barrier. Bit deflated now so missed day 20.
Day21 easy30 5,160m in 30.29mins. ave143max163
I've got a 5k race in 3 weeks and then was going to lay off for a while as stated a few posts ago.
Any comments?

Obsessive Runner - TheEd - 03-07-2009

don't be deflated these things happen

consider finding another 10k race close (after) the 5k, if possible

The sub 45 minute will come naturally as you have been doing the training

TheEd

Obsessive Runner - Snads - 08-07-2009

TheEd,
Day1 easy30
Day2 easy30
Day3 4x2k - completely bombed. Tried it on the treadmill, couldn't even keep the pace for 1k, so alternated walking and short sprints, but there was nothing there!!!
Day4 Rest
Day5 1hr 29min 15k, feel fine.
Not sure what to do as the I know the 2k's so important.
Any advice?
By the way I was thinking of doing my treadmill work in barefeet, any comments?
Snads

Obsessive Runner - TheEd - 08-07-2009

Hi snads .. you have to put the bad sessions behind you and look forward

go through with the cycle and then next time the 2000's should be better

how familiar are you with running barefoot, have you done so before?

TheEd

Obsessive Runner - Snads - 08-07-2009

I think I'm ready for the off-training period so will finish this cycle, do the 5k race, maybe a 10k within days after and then take a fortnights break, before starting the off-training programme.

Re barefoot not at all but I think I have quite weak feet so thought this would be a good way of building up. I thought about just doing the 30min easy sessions barefoot on the treadmill?

Obsessive Runner - Snads - 09-07-2009

Hi, further to my previous questions I've decided to do another 10k this Sunday (today is Thursday). I really want to break that 45mins and it's a perfect flat course apparently and ideal for PB's. Should I just pick up today at Day16 or do you recommend something else? Snads.

Obsessive Runner - TheEd - 09-07-2009

reverse the sessions backwards from Sunday .. so Friday do the fartlek session

today an easy 30 minutes should be fine

as for the barefoot, I would rather recommend you run an easy 10 minutes on the treadmill to start with, to see how your feet cope

also consider pulling a towel with your toes .. towel on floor and try pull the towel towards you using your toes only

also consider trying to pick up a golf ball with your toes

don't do this before Sunday though, rather afterwards

TheEd

Obsessive Runner - Snads - 09-07-2009

OK are you saying do Day 15 2 days before the race. I presume the day before is still a rest day.
Snads

Obsessive Runner - TheEd - 10-07-2009

The fartlek session is normally done 2 days before the race and the 1 minute fast is normally done at anticipated race pace

this should be an enjoyable session and should leave you biting at the bit and looking forward to racing

if you finish feeling tired you have done the session incorrectly

TheEd

Obsessive Runner - Snads - 10-07-2009

OK now I'm confused 1min fast at race pace? I thought it was 3x5mins @ race pace with 1 min easy pace in between. Have I misread it? Snads.