Running Information Forums
10K Training Program Question - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: 10K Training Program Question (/Thread-10K-Training-Program-Question)

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 19-08-2009

D .. I would highly recommend you consider maybe doing the

Build Up program

instead

that way there is no time pressure and u can fit it in with everything else without feeling the pressure

What say you?

TheEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 21-08-2009

Sounds like a good idea - will start from Day 1 today - I reckon it won't take me long to get back up to speed, just need to get the momentum back up. Will keep you posted with progress,

Cheers TheEd,

D

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 21-08-2009

Hi TheEd,

Just got back from a 30 mins easy, feel like I've turned a corner with energy levels, felt much better - I didnt have time for an 1 hr run this morn as suggested on Day 1 of the build-up prog. However I'm going for a light bike ride with my Dad this afternoon - will see how feel this eve, might do a little 20 min'er to top up.

Spksoon,

D

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 23-08-2009

Hi TheEd,

Hope you're having a great weekend.

I didn't end going for the bike ride or topping up Friday's run due to b/room DIY :-( and I didn't managed to get out y/day due to entertaining my Dad after a week of him helping me with DIY on the b/room.

I managed to get out this morning for 40 mins easy - feeling like I'm just about maintaining my stamina over this sort of effort - its been a tough week working with my Dad and he does like a drink! We've also eating really really well cooking at home - Indonesian and Thai...! Need to cut down next week!

This coming week will be able to focus properly on building some momentum - how should I proceed with the build-up prog from now? Should I try and start the first three days again?

Thanks for your help,

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 23-08-2009

yes. start from Day1 as it will be easier to get into the rhythm of things again

Cheers

TheEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 25-08-2009

TheEd,

Went to local running club last night - 4.4 miles with mixed efforts, some hill work. Was quite a hard session, not what I was looking for but there you go.

Didn't feel like a run today, cycled to work instead approx 7 miles round trip. Got a bit of lower back pain and had some acupuncture on my shoulders y/day to see off some tension in my neck thats been hangin around since starting the b/room.

Was thinking about getting out tomorrow if I get a decent and relaxing nights sleep...what do you recommend? A 1 hour easy?

Cheers,

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 26-08-2009

Yes .. 1hr easy but try to take the stress of having to run fast away

relax up and let everything be a site see

enjoy it

TheEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 26-08-2009

Didn't go out y/day as biked to work and needed a rest from running.

Run today at lunch - a local wood trail route, took 47 min at easy pace, however struggled to keep Hrate down, avg 134, should be around 126. Usually do this loop at med/hard pace in under 40 mins. Found it easy to plod along, but it really felt slow - I'm starting to feel like I'm stuck in a rut mentally when I run - I can't seem to relax into the easy runs even they are short, maybe I need a short speed session to break through?

Was thinking of doing a faster shorter run tomorrow to try and get myself out of this rut - whats your recommendation?

Maybe better to try for a 1Hr road run easy to break through?

Cheers,

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 26-08-2009

don't bang it for now D

your body is telling you that you are jaded

if you bang it now you will push it towards 'chronic' symptoms

for now it is 'acute' and by next week you can do a little faster running

find someone slower than you to go run with and bend their ear talking the whole way

that way you getting a real easy run and if they were never a friend then you know they will steer clear of you after a few runs Wink

TheEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 26-08-2009

Will try a slow one tomorrow lunch with someone at work - 4 miles or so, will see how I go...thanks for the advice - will update tomorrow eve.

Cheers coach.

D