Running Information Forums
10K Training Program Question - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: 10K Training Program Question (/Thread-10K-Training-Program-Question)

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 27-08-2009

TheEd,

Trouble getting off to sleep last night, managed a lay in to recover, feeling a bit tired but still up for getting out and sweat on.

Tried a 4 miler with a friend from work - did plenty of chatting, I got carried away then Hrate started climbing after we got half way, had to walk/run last mile to get it down and there was a largish hill at end.

Hrate avg 134 (should be 126). Felt better for it though, lower back is starting to improve. Seem to have some momentum behind me, just no speed and feel sluggish - need to feel that spring again!

What do you recommend tomorrow? Rest? Was thinking of biking to work (7 miles round trip). Could do another 4 miles at lunch, might do on own really, really slow keeping the Hrate strictly at 126 to consolidate this weeks efforts,

Look forward to hearing from you,

Regards,

Daryl

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 27-08-2009

nice going

bike in tomorrow and no running

and then hopefully find someone to run with on Saturday

Rest Sunday or some biking

and then we chat Monday

hopefully you should start feeling a little more perky next week

Cheers and try to relax

TheEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 27-08-2009

There might be some swell for surfing on Sat morn...if there is I will favour getting in the water as its been 2 weeks since last surf...if not will definatley run, but how far? 1 hr easy? Prob wonit find anyone to run with either on Sat.

If I do surf I will run Sun instead, bit more time of feet might help with perkiness...?

Cheers for the advice on relaxing...

Atb,

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 28-08-2009

don't look to run 1hr on the weekend but rather hover around 40 minutes max

the water should do you good and are you sure that the lack of surf has not affected you Wink

Confusedurf:

Cheers

TheEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 31-08-2009

Hi TheEd,

Hope you had a great weekend.

Think you might be right about the lack of surfing - had a superb session on Sat AM. Got in at 7 am and out at 9:30am! Felt it y/day, shoulders, back and neck sore, and still today! Was tough in the water as well, stamina was good though and were catching some shoulder high waves!

Rested y/day with a long beech and clifftop walking and some rock-hopping! On feet for about 2.5 hrs, sounds like a long time but was very relaxed.

Just got back from a 30 mins walk then a 40 min easy jog. Walked with my partner along beech, and then run on my own - felt OK, needed to do it as we've had friends up and done a reasonable amount of eating and drinking last few days...was feeling starting to feel grounded!

There might a bit of surf this evening, so might get in for short period. If not will rest. Might go out tomorrow - what do you recommend based on last few days and today? 30 - 40 mins Easy or some rest?

Speak soon,

Daryl

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 31-08-2009

OK .. now we making progress

instead of looking at the hole you in, you seeing your surroundings

go for a light 20 to 30 minute canter without checking distance or time, simply run as you feel, then even stop to admire a view and then carry on with your saunter

stop often and when you run, simply run and express yourself, if you feel tired slow to view something .. don't measure your fitness instead remember what you saw .. hopefully you get the picture (pun intended)

please let me know how you feel after this and then we can start planning some training where it should feel enjoyable again

TheEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 31-08-2009

Just back in from a 2hr surf, medium impact - waves v.inconsistent, worked hard for each one though paddling, they were only 1-2ft each but decent enough to maneuver on.

Hear what your saying on taking the views in, will go for a small one tomorrow and do so.

Have a 10k scheduled for next week on Sunday. Its supposed to be a v.fast course.

Also have a pre-planned surf lesson I have organised on Sat for work collegues - how do you feel I should prepare for the race next week? Treat it as a tester before stepping everything up a gear? Interested on how I could train this week to give it a go on Sunday.

This race could springboard me for the 17th Sept, another 10Km, will be competing for my company who I work for - not about the course.

Interested to hear your suggestions...

Thanks for your help as ever,

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 01-09-2009

There is not much training you can do before Saturday's event and you would probably do more damage by trying to do too much

so run and enjoy this week and give yourself the occasional 8 to 10 minute tester where you run a little faster, just to have the feel good factor

After the 10k then we can look forward

TheEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 01-09-2009

TheEd,

Managed 32 min's today with work collegue - took in the sites. Feel good but v.tired after y/day's various exercise. Kept Hrate well down and in easy range so must be getting fitness back. Took in the sites, my friend pulled with a calf strain near the 30 min mark. Had a nice stretch after.

Advice for rest of week sounds good - might not even run on Sunday as the surf lesson previously spoke might go ahead on Sun rather Sat.

Might rest tomorrow as feel need to.

Hear you on the 8-10 min bursts, will try - when and how should I incorporate? During 40 mins easy's?

What do you recommend I try on Thursday?

Thanks again,

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 01-09-2009

incorporate the first 8 to 10 minutes after 3 to 5 minutes of running and then finish off the run with another 8 to 10 minutes

but don't go kill yourself now, just enjoy the faster running

let's see how this run goes and then we can see how you come out it for further planning

Cheers

TheEd