Running Information Forums
10K Training Program Question - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: 10K Training Program Question (/Thread-10K-Training-Program-Question)

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 22-10-2009

tonk .. we actually used the word for cricket

when the batsmen hits a number of 6's and 6's in one over we would say he really gave that a 'tonk'

so it can be applied to a hard effort in running

give it a tonk

Enjoy

TheEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 22-10-2009

When you say it should be 'paced' and 'tonking it' does this mean I should be doing Saturdays run at pace to help bring the cold on and effectively force its hand so as to get over it? I

I'm a bit confused, if I have what is suspected as a cold or something, surely it would be better for me to take it easy whatever? Apologies if I'm not 'getting it'.

Lets see how I feel tomorrow and go from there I reckon...

Cheers,

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 23-10-2009

yes .. currently the cold is lingering .. whereas if you force it you then know you sick and can then deal with it accordingly

this is your choice

or the other alternative is to continue with easy runs till everything clears up?

Hope that is clearer?

TheEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 23-10-2009

Hey TheEd,

No sore throat or sniffles, just a tension headache at middle of day.

Didnt manage gym session at lunch as busy at work and instead planned leave work early and go for surf at 3pm - OK session, waves hit and miss, got a good work out on shoulders from paddling. Felt a little tired when first got in, took a while to warm up and get into it. Caught several decent 3ft'ers. Not a particulalry tiring session however were in water for nearly 3 hours.

Thinking about tomorrow, what do you recommend? The 5-8Km tonk? Were thinking of using the Wood route at work - what you say?

Cheers,

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 23-10-2009

up to you about the 'tonk' as you will have to live with the consequences if the sniffles progress into a full blown cold

but then at least you recover from that and can get back to training in the right amounts

over to you

TheEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 24-10-2009

Hey TheEd,

Got up feeling pretty wiped out after y/day's surf - what was I doing out there for so long?! And with suspected flu/cold - I don't know who I am sometimes - stupid.

Anyhow had a bit of a sore throat this morning when got up but this is common after a surf session due to the salty water. No sniffles just feeling pretty drained. After a morning of chores and a quick power nap decided to get of the house and do an Easy run, just got in:

Route: Street/Tarmac
Distance: 8.5Km
Time:44:41
Avg Hrate: Av 129 Mx 144
Pace: 5:14 Av
Conditions: Rain on/off, breezy

At first I felt quite speedy, legs felt strong. 1st half OK, definatley feeling tired though - after 1st half had to keep slowing down to keep Hrate down. After half way couldn't keep it below 135bpm. Ended up turning into a fast trot. Stretched at home, no strains to report.

Planning a complete day off tomorrow, no DIY, no training - hooray!! :yes:

Take it next session will be on Monday? Might go to running club depending on my health, recovery and suggested training session. Mail you tomorrow,

Cheers,

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 24-10-2009

well let's see whether everything breaks loose now

:yes:

TheEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 25-10-2009

Hey TheEd,

Had a strange evening y/day - were out for a few drinks, only had one beer - suddenly felt v.drained, had to go home early and go to bed - slept was disturbed, headache overnight and this morning - felt better during today. Definatley not right though with sudden bouts of tiredness - not sure how to play this one out. It doesnt seem to be taking me right off feet, just threatening to.

Will update progress tomorrow - obviously no running.

Cheers TheEd,

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 25-10-2009

whisper in your ear that you don't want to get sick

and then you sure to

keep me informed

and good luck

TheEd
ps.. by Tuesday you should know the outcome, quite incredible

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 26-10-2009

Hey TheEd,

Terrible time getting to sleep last night/this morning - prob 3:30 am...mind was in overdrive, must be something to do with flu/cold business. However managed to get up OK this morn for work and had a manic day, probably a good thing as otherwise I would have folded. Felt OK all day, no sore throat or sniffles. Even though tired, felt alert and clear headed.

Going to relax this evening and get an early night - if I sleep and nothing else develop's I might be near 100% tomorrow - will have to see.

Chances of green light for an easy run tomorrow if I feel OK?

Cheers,

D