Running Information Forums
10K Training Program Question - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: 10K Training Program Question (/Thread-10K-Training-Program-Question)

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 26-10-2009

hold out till Wednesday if you can

and then you should be all set

quite incredible this that nothing broke considering you had sniffles and all previously

your body may have super compensated for the recovery to the hard run and produced antibodies in full earnest

quite incredible

did I mention that Wink

TheEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 26-10-2009

TheEd,

You did not mention about all that - as I mentioned before my colleagues at work went through this and I think they were led into a false sense of security of feeling alright etc but then went right downhill so I don't think I'm out of the woods yet. As you say prob best to wait til Wed, I'll clucking for some exercise properly by then...!

Will update tomorrow - thanks for your support again,

Cheers,

D

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 27-10-2009

Hey TheEd,

Didn't get the early was after last night - too many chores and not enough focus to get head down. Need to work on this.

Woke up this morning feeling a bit rough, a slightly croaky throat but not sore, and a general feeling of not enough sleep. Prob had 7 hours which is about normal.

Going to get to bed for 11pm tonight - looking forward to it!

What's your advice on tomorrow? Was thinking of cycling to work, then maybe a short run at lunch, easy, 4miles?

Cheers,

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 27-10-2009

Hi D .. well now maybe if we mention running tomorrow they will throw the kitchen sink at you

the cold menace that is

20 minutes relaxed would you be able to cope with that?

Till the morrow

TheEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 27-10-2009

Will try and dodge the kitchen sink if it comes my way!

Cheers,

D

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 28-10-2009

Hey TheEd,

Trouble getting to sleep night, not as bad as before though - 1am.

Got up with croaky throat again, sweats and generally drained. Definately a cold, went to work and took it easy - was much needed as have been motoring at work too much.

Late morning felt ready to go home, however relaxed some more and got through afternoon and started to feel a lot better. No running, no cycling - will attempt early night and report progress tomorrow,

Best regards,

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 28-10-2009

take care D and hopefully you will be on the mend soon

this has been rather stubborn

Smile

Cheers

TheEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 29-10-2009

Hey TheEd,

Got up feeling markedly worse that any other morning - got ready for work, however by time was ready to go out door realised I needed to take the day off work to try and get over this thing - was hard work at home, kept finding things to do to pass the time - felt gradually better as day went, just feel exceptionally tired now. Aiming for early night, will report back tomorrow,

Bye for now,

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 29-10-2009

so your kitchen sink finally arrived

saying you were going for a run must have done it

hope you recover quickly D

take it easy

TheEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 31-10-2009

Hey TheEd,

Worst of cold/flu y/day I reckon, took day off work again - didn't get an early enough night last night as wanted, woke up this morn with slight sore throat but nowhere near as bad previous mornings. Energy levels are higher today and feeling more 'with it'.

Will report progress tomorrow - Hope to get out Monday if poss!

Cheers,

D