Running Information Forums
10K Training Program Question - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: 10K Training Program Question (/Thread-10K-Training-Program-Question)

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 04-11-2009

definitely sounds as though a different variation of 'pig' was in the home Wink

all's good

till later

TheEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 05-11-2009

Troubles getting off to sleep last night, had to get up. Got head down at 2am - think it must be work, got a lot going on at mo, brain is way over active. Didn't go to bed late, just wasn't quite unwound - this is a real pain in the neck, think its do with doing too much at work, its just difficult not too currently especially after having a few days off.

Been feeling jaded all day, have had another full on day again at work, trying to unwind and get to be very early to make up for last night - might just the dregs of this flu thing.

I did go for a half hour walk at lunch today - was v.much needed to get out of work! Need to turn a corner with all this, cant help thinking I might be in the wrong job and is the cause of all this, need to have a think about maybe a change of lifestyle.

Will update tomorrow on progress,

Cheers,

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 05-11-2009

you will be running by next Wednesday .. let your body go through its natural recovery now

things will soon be A O K

your body may have needed this

onwards and forwards

TheEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 09-11-2009

Hey TheEd,

Hows life treating you there?

Been making steady progress here, still suffering slightly from inadequate sleep and still experiencing a horse throat first in the morning, however it progressively less and less.

Also have had a tremendously busy time at work this last few days. In fact I worked over the weekend on Sat.

I certainly feel the best I have for weeks today. An early night this evening should put me back right on track tomorrow. And I think you will be right (:notworthy::notworthySmile that I will be ready on Wed!

How do I sound?

Cheers,

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 09-11-2009

Hyperspace Wrote:How do I sound?
a little hoarse?

roll on Wednesday and may you feel a great deal better tomorrow

TheEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 10-11-2009

Hi TheEd,

Didnt notice any horse'ness this morning.

Had a real shite day at work - too much pressure on at mo. Been head-achie all afternoon, prob from not enough sleep. Feeling like I need some exercise just to escape myself and get some endorphin's running thru my system to help relax/calm me down - not a good feeling.#

Still not getting enough sleep, need to sort my life out!

What about a cycle to work tomorrow? See how it goes? Not sure if I'm ready for running,

Cheers,

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 11-11-2009

how D .. that sounds like a good idea and if you do decide to try 'waddle' consider the easier walk - jog routine

steady as she goes and relaxed

TheEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 11-11-2009

TheEd,

Had a real late night getting off to sleep last night again, its bonkers! Think it was 2:30am...got to break the rut.

Woke up at 7am and although a little jaded felt ready to cycle to work and it was fabulous! Felt so much better even with less sleep. Been on a great level all day. Cycled home no probs. Legs are fine.

What about tomorrow? Maybe an easy 3 mile jog before work as I can't get out at lunch at the mo.

What you say?

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 11-11-2009

you need to be careful D .. the lack of sleep could catch up later so don't get too carried away

consider doing that easy 20 to 30 minutes walk / jog routine

hopefully it can be fun and enjoyable

TheEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 13-11-2009

Hey TheEd,

Getting out to do some exercise hasn't gone to plan over last 2 days - work has been absolutely annihilating. Haven't done anything since the cycle to work on Wed.

I've been too drained in the evening's from work what with chores and the dark evenings. Was planning a walk this evening but the weather is terrible and I am a bit concerned I still have some of that flu lurking as I had a slight sore throat y/day, so decided to take it easy.

Back at work tomorrow for some relaxed OT - if weather is good might cycle in and hopefully get out on Sunday for a run.

Do you have any further advice?

Cheers,

D