Running Information Forums
10K Training Program Question - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: 10K Training Program Question (/Thread-10K-Training-Program-Question)

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 13-11-2009

Hyperspace Wrote:Do you have any further advice?

a nice 'toddy' should be in order

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 14-11-2009

Hey TheEd,

Whats todding all about then?! :-)

Quick update - worked 6 hours today overtime. Cycled to work (with a slight headache) to blow the cobwebs out - felt tougher than Wed last week!

After work noticed there was swell coming in so scarpered to the beach for 90 mins and it was nice being back in the water - it wasn't pumping however got a decent upper body work out and caught a good dozen waves. Got out after dark. Really feel I've turned a corner after the surf session, still very tired, but more of a relaxed tired...

Looking forward to a decent nights sleep and then get up for a 3 or 4 mile 'toddy' - is this a walk/run?

Got some DIY to do tomorrow so will be quite active all day, will let you know how I go,

Thanks TheEd,

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 14-11-2009

you worry me D

toddy - Hot toddy is a name given to a mixed drink that is served hot, believed to have originated in the 18th century to make the taste of Scotch more palatable. The first written mention of distilling Scotch whisky is in the Exchequer Rolls of Scotland, 1495.

Wink

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 15-11-2009

TheEd,

Just got back from a 30mins easy walk/run trying to keep H/rate at 130bpm - felt OK, bit heavy on feet but had plenty of momentum. Really enjoyed it, on to some DIY now - was thinking of cycling to work again tomorrow, do you think I should wait again to run till Tues or do another little one tomorrow at some point?

I've got a big 10Km race booked for next Sunday, it was supposed to be my big sub 40 min push, looks like that's out the window for now!

Its a fast route and has great potential for next year for sub 40 - do you think I should be thinking about going along and just ambling round as a reconnaissance mission,

By for now,

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 15-11-2009

truthfully D .. that 10k may very well be too soon after being sick and may cause more negative sentiment than good

however

if you able to maintain a positive aspect then the run may be enjoyable for you

your call

hopefully u on the road to recovery

TheEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 16-11-2009

Hey TheEd,

Still toying on the idea of going to the race next Sunday - hear where you are coming from. Will call it later in the week.

Had a rest today, no run, no cycle. Thinking of cycling into work tomorrow. Might try another 30 mins Easy walk/run in the evening, what you say?

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 16-11-2009

you should start feeling better during the exercise tomorrow just don't overdo it

till the morrow

TheEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 17-11-2009

Hey TheEd,

Cycled to work today OK. No time for run this evening. Bit tired anyway mentally, early night tonight to refresh for tomorrow - thinking of walk/running to work to get one in as tied up at lunchtimes at mo.

Will update tomorrow,

Bye for now,

D

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 18-11-2009

TheEd,

Managed to get up early and run to work at 7am, forecast was supposed to be light showers...dont believe the advertisements! Horizontal rain after halfway!

Turned into a 35mins walk/run slog into some heavy winds as well :-( Made it though.

Busy day at work, feeling a bit down at mo, must be the dark evenings. Might hit the gym after work tomorrow for a core session, its been a while - Sundays race is looking ever more unlikely due to time limitations.

Catchup soon,

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 18-11-2009

everything will be on your side if you don't run Sunday Wink

it is really getting dark early

I guess it must mean winter

Big Grin

Laters

TheEd
ps.. nice to hear you had a bit of a 'waddle' .. good stuff