Running Information Forums
10K Training Program Question - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: 10K Training Program Question (/Thread-10K-Training-Program-Question)

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 30-11-2009

Hey TheEd,

Made it thru the weekend...just! Cold was full on on Sat - had to get on with DIY, actually felt better for it Sat eve, were more physically tired; slept like a baby Sat night for 11 hours into Sun. Y/day more DIY, made real progress, cold still persisting.

Last night trobule sleeping again - 3am get off. Work today, stupid long day, couldnt walk away from it due to responsibilities. Even though this feeling OK considering cold over weekend, winding down now, will see how feel tomorrow. Can feel mild sense of turning a corner with all this, hope to be exercising towards end of week,

Speak again soon,

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 01-12-2009

hope you on the mend soon

:great:

TheEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 06-12-2009

Hey TheEd,

Hope you are well. Tough week last week battling that cold which developed, was stinker, had to slog on at work with it, was the only way - just turned a corner today, felt well enough to get out on MTB - got 4 or so miles in, felt great to be out in fresh air and daylight! With this under my belt feeling much better.

Will see how feel in morning might cycle to work. Then see how feel on Tuesday for a walk/run maybe,

Will keep you udated,

Cheers,

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 07-12-2009

good to hear things are getting better

onwards and forwards and till your feedback

TheEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 11-12-2009

Hey TheEd,

Hope you are well - work has been a strain all week again, however starting to get on top of things. Been putting some long hours in again, however with Xmas looming things will quieten down after next week.

Done a little 3 mile walk/run on Wed evening. Cycled to work y/day and today. Immune system is feeling much much stronger. Also getting off to sleep much better. Planning to to do a 2 mile warmup run then a short/light circuit training session in gym tomorrow. Will keep you updated,

Regards,

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 12-12-2009

Thanks D .. some people in the know that I have spoken to have mentioned that it can take around 4 to 6 weeks for the grunt strain to leave the system

so hopefully you will feel oinking better soon

Cheers

TheEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 13-12-2009

Hey TheEd,

Just a quick update - y/day went to gym and did a 10 min row, some stretching and then 2 miles or so around a 400m tarmac circuit, was feeling pretty tired from heavy week. Fekt good to be out in the winter sun.

Has a Xmas meal last night, only one glass of wine. However had some troubles getting off to sleep until 5am this morn. Got up quite late this today. Been choring since noon, no training at all.

Planning to cycle to work and maybe if feel up to it go to the running club for a very steady run, although 2nd thoughts might just do my own 3 miler or something - will see,

Bye for now,

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 14-12-2009

you do sound a little more cheerful

must be on the mend

Smile

Cheers

TheEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 22-12-2009

For now!

Hey TheEd,

Just when things were showing signs of progress...bam!

Cold/Flu has fully abated now - great news!

However am now suffering a reasonably serious back injury from none other than removing and replacing my old CRT TV for a new plasma on Saturday! Damn!

Feel this was the last straw that broke the camels back. These past few months of little or no exercise must have taken their toll on my core. I noticed that my posture was slipping, noticed myself at work sitting long-legged during training courses. No matter how hard I tried to reset my posture it looks like I've left myself wide open for injury, all this contributing to picking new TV up, with good technique as well! Must have been waiting for it!

Been to my local acupuncturist - from what he's discovered is that I've almost slipped a disc - its intense and I can't stand up properly due to the extreme tension in the lower lumbar region. Ho hum, its going to be an interesting Xmas :-) Crawling around the floor was always my forte...

Recovery mode is in order, again - I should be good at this by now! Signing off for a couple of weeks, if I can release the back tension by end of week, might do some swimming and walking - that's it till all this blows over - happy days,

Wishing you a happy Xmas and peaceful new year, onwards and upwards for 2010...thanks for all your support this year, its been a rollercoaster!

Cheers,

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 22-12-2009

one thing D ... 2010 can only be better

have a splendid Xmas (well try to) and may the New Year be top class

TheEd