Running Information Forums
10K Training Program Question - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: 10K Training Program Question (/Thread-10K-Training-Program-Question)

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 06-01-2010

Hey TheEd,

Hows the weather treating you? We got it bad here!

Hope you had a great Xmas and New Year. Had a reasonable break, not quite long enough, too much traveling around seeing relatives - ho hum!

Didn't manage any running over the break due to back injury, got 2 or 3 decent walks in though - however back injury was on-going and manged tp pick up yet another cold!

However have recovered from cold v.quickly and back has improved tremendously since having some acupuncture.

Since weekend have walked everyday: Sun: 45mins, Mon 45mins, Tues 30 mins, Wed 20 mins. Even though we've had snow on the ground have managed to get out and it feels good.

Planning to carry on with walking and maybe a cycle to work on Friday. Will do some more walking on weekend and then think about a walk/run starting next Mon - what you say?

Cheers,

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 07-01-2010

Hi D .. best wishes for 2010 and may all the aches, pains and sickness be a thing of the past shortly

please be aware that walking can place stress on the back so make sure to monitor yourself if you begin to feel stiffness that could affect working parts

good to have you moving Smile

onwards and forwards

TheEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 07-01-2010

Hi TheEd,

Decided to cycle to work today - had to pop out at lunch as well so prob managed about 10 miles all in all. Its very snowy and icy here so took it easy, roads are fine just some off road sections.

Might have to cycle tomorrow as we are expecting some more snow and the roads might be passable. Will see.

Hear you on the walking, will be mindful of - the back has been very good last day or two, no niggles just a bit of stiffness. Might try and get to the gym this weekend for a good stretch and maybe some light rowing to see how it reacts.

There might be a chance of surfing too - the water is warmer than the air temp at mo! Might take the plunge on sunday depending on wave conditions, will be the first of the year!

Will keep you posted,

Cheers,

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 08-01-2010

enjoy the first surf of the year

good to feel the cheerfulness returning

long may it continue

TheEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 10-01-2010

Hey TheEd,

No surf today way too much wind onshore, very messy water.

Instead managed to get a 13Km Walk/Run to visit my pet project campervan.

It was 45 mins there, 45 mins back. Just started him up for 10 mins, started first time!

Even though it was v.cold got going pretty well. The last 3 Km was tough, were barely jogging - however on the whole it felt easy and was great to be out again. Day off tomorrow.

Was thinking about a very easy walk/run 4 miler on Tuesday.Will keep you posted,

Cheers,

D

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 12-01-2010

Hey TheEd,

Managed to get out for a 4 miler at lunch, conditions were windy with sleet falling.

Aimed for easy pace, but simply not managable - avg'd 142 bpm. Set out OK, second half is up a long hill which cranked the effort up hence the high h/rate.

Felt surprisingly well when got back to gym to do some stretching. Bit sketchy this afternoon, will see how leg recover is by tomorrow.

Going to try same route in opposite direction on Thurs but be more strict on keeping the H/rate down to easy range - I feel that this is the right thing to do until I have its stabilised, would you agree?

Cheers,

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 13-01-2010

just reading this is great

nice to have you running again D

onwards and forwards into 2010

TheEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 14-01-2010

Hey TheEd,

4 miler at lunch - opposite direction to Tuesdays. Tried to keep h/rate down OK till last last mile which is all up hill - Avg'd 139, better than Tuesday and felt a lot less challenging.

Planning to do a gym session tomorrow: stretching and core.

Might bike to work just to break up monotony of driving in, however, weather forecast is not good so might not bother actually!

Were thinking of doing a similar run on Sun to last Sundays run/walk but this time with more run than walk!

Will keep you posted,

D

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 25-01-2010

Hey Thed,

Last week in the week were away - no exercise Mon - Sat. Did a 16Km bike y/day late morning, light/med effort, then did a 5Km run at 5pm just to get the legs used to pavement pounding...have put on a bit of weight now since b4 Xmas! Nearly 6kg in fact - need to trim down! Might make me feel bit better and get rid of the Jan blues...:jive:

Cant remember what did last Sunday, did go out - oh yes 30 mins easy then 90 mins surf! Was fantastic! Had a brill time!

Had to do about 500 miles driving last week which I think has led to back injury lurking around again - need to see how is in morning b4 deciding on any exercise tomorrow.

Hows your training?

Cheers,

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 25-01-2010

nice to get the vibe that things are looking up, despite the 6kg Wink

as for me .. went for my first 'waddle' today in exactly a month

I am 4kg heavier from over December, so look forward to getting into some routine myself

it certainly is onwards and forwards for both of us

take care

TheEd

:yes: