Running Information Forums
10K Training Program Question - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: 10K Training Program Question (/Thread-10K-Training-Program-Question)

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 02-02-2010

Hey TheEd,

Hows your training progressing, getting back into the swing?

Been getting out here and there - lower back injury is still lingering around not allowing me to really feel comfortable about pushing for running every other day.

Did 35 mins easy on treadmill last Friday, 7Km easy/walk on Sunday (then 1hr surf). Weather has been rubbish as well which has not helped. Feeling really sluggish with all the extra weight, its amazing how much you notice it!

Rest y/day and today to try and see the back off. Might do another 35 mins easy on treadmill tomorrow with some stretching afterward's. Will keep you posted,

Cheers,

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 02-02-2010

Thanks D

I will take your lead and try get out for a waddle again .. not that the weather has helped

Cheers

TheEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 04-02-2010

Hey TheEd,

Hope you managed to get out y/day - how did it go?

Manged a 4 mile v.easy y/day with a work collegue 'getting back in it'. Done a little stretching afterwards. Back was OK.

Back still lingering. Booked some Physio for Monday, hopefully to see it off finally.

Hit the gym today for 35 mins on X-trainer, dont normally use - was OK, maintained a Easy pace, generated gd sweat. Only prob was that the X-trainier gave me v.bad circulation in my toes, not going to make a habit of using again.

Did a few pressups and that was it. Feeling better and better for all these small effort training sessions - feels so much better being in almost total control of my efforts. Must be starting to get the hang of all this training lark, its taken about 20 years! Dont speak too soon!

Cheers,

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 05-02-2010

stay away from DIY on your knees Wink

here's hoping it all edges back nicely

TheEd
ps.. as for me .. neut .. nadda .. too much fluffy white stuff

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 10-02-2010

Hey TheEd,

Quick update on the road to recovery - feeling very positive! Hows training going your end? Any more waddling?

Various waddles since last week:

Sat: 4 miles, easy
Sun: 4 miles, easy
Mon: Rest
Tues: 4 miles, easy/med
Weds: 4 miles, easy - last mile hard

Felt easiest today, feeling lighter and lighter on feet. Need some new trainers, just ordering. Started a stricter diet today to shave a couple of pounds off. Even though above runs were easy pace, noticed that heart rate rapidly increased with even the slightest raise in effort - makes me think I'm still way out of shape.

Had a some physio on lower back on Mon - its nearly there. At least its not keeping me from running. Done some push-ups and bastado's after todays 4 miler.

Resting tomorrow. Might cycle to work Fri and do some light leg work in gym.

What do you suggest I try on the weekend? Light & easy one on Sat, long and easy on Sunday?

Cheers,

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 11-02-2010

Hi D .. try not to increase your running by more than 20% each week for now

once you string together a few weeks then we can look at schedules

just don't be a in a rush

TheEd
ps.. too much snow for waddling my side

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 14-02-2010

Hey TheEd,

Sounds like good advice - ended up going out on Friday for brisk 3.5 miles with work collegues, went out quite hard then slowed to easy for second half. Wasn't properly rested from earlier in week so paid for it during the rest of the day.

No running y/day, however quite a bit of walking whilst shopping.

No long run today as feeling v.tired, prob effects of last week. Might try and long/easy one tomorrow as have day off, although planning to hit the DIY. Will see how feel and may take an extra days rest and try to implement to +20% per week increase advice from now,

Cheers for the advice,

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 15-02-2010

hope things can roll together quite nicely

just be aware of that D.I.Y

if I remember correctly that was the start of all the aches and pains and then all the monkeys in the zoo jumped on your back in the form of sickness and stress etc

that darn DiY Wink

Take care

TheEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 15-02-2010

Thanks for the reminder on the DIY!

No long/easy run y/day - way too tired.

Managed a quite slow/easy 9km this morning, was v.cold with snow falling.

Last 2 Km's was walk/run. Noticed right knee joint not enjoying the outing.

Felt OK though, quite laboured all the way up to the 7km mark. Still, got through it.

Managed a v.limited amt of DIY this afternoon, didn't push my effort, decided just to prep ready for weekend.

Might just stretch tomorrow after today's longish outing. Might pick up on Wed with a 4miler easy. Will update.

Hows the waddling your end?

Cheers,

D

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 16-02-2010

Hey TheEd,

Been looking at weather forecast for tomorrow to plan an easy waddle - temp most likely around 1-2C, whats your opinion on running in sort of condition with temp approaching 0C? I thought I remember some side affects or disadvantages, are there any you are aware of?

Cheers,

D