Running Information Forums
10K Training Program Question - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: 10K Training Program Question (/Thread-10K-Training-Program-Question)

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 23-03-2010

D .. seriously .. the feedback displays a route back to fatigue again

I am concerned that the 2k's would in fact tip you over

somehow you don't give yourself enough chance to get back into things in a relatively calm manner

are you able to give me a shout on the forums tomorrow and then we can consider the 2000 session

sorry .. I so want you to get back into the flow of things without a 'bear' stuck to the back

hope this isn't coming across in the wrong way

TheEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 23-03-2010

TheEd,

Like the 'bear on the back' analogy - made me smile :-)

Signs of fatigue, you might be right. The 'not giving myself enough chance' is not intential whatsoever. It must be lifestyle related. I thinks it might be because I'm not designed for a certain level of intensity of training and day to day workload.

If I remember rightly I had the same issues (with not recovering and suffering from fatigue) when I was in my teens and were swimming competetively. I trained 2 evenings per week and attempted to add 2 - 3 early mornings, but after a few weeks I would tend to go backwards, end up getting de-motivated or getting an injury, it must be a learnt behaviour applied since then?

Maybe its simply down to upbringing and the capacity to cope with stress levels (in a +ve way). Its a learnt mechanism you pick up from your parents? Both my parents are not avid sports people. My father was when he was young and he supported us when we were growing up. He does nothing at all now which has always concerned me as not healthy. May be he stopped due to the sorts of challenges I am facing now.

Anyway this aside, although I felt heavy this morning, I still felt there was an easiness to getting going after each time I slowed when Hrate exceeded target. I havnt run that early in the morning for a fair while might be something to do with it as well.

Anyhow, no need for me to analyse too much, I think I do this too much per se and causes me the issues I have.

Early night this evening, will see how feel in morning and update tomorrow.

Thanks for your support TheEd, it helps no end. I feel like this feedback loop is helping me understand my running beyond my expectations.

Cheers,

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 23-03-2010

let me know soonest tomorrow how u feeling .. consider a non exercise day

and then I will roll out a 2k then 1km then 2km session for you

as soon as u reply I shall give u the times tomorrow

Cheers and take it easy

TheEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 24-03-2010

TheEd,

Managed about 7.25 hrs sleep, which is a decent nights sleep for me. Def feeling a bit thick headed, reckon it could be a little fatigue hang-over. Had one beer last to help unwind whilst watching a movie before bed.

Might go for another walk in a min (8am) before work. Not sure about the 2km's tomorrow, but def need to do some exercise. With this training course I'm currently on which has been quite intensive, it might be best I try a long, slow, easy 5-6 miler along this canal footpath I mentioned doing the 2km's on. It should pretty flat for miles - no hills! Maybe it would be good for me to do this instead and just get a good rhytmn going and enjoy it?

If this goes well I could do the 2km's on Sat morning b4 I leave?

Cheers,

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 24-03-2010

OK .. shorter run tomorrow .. something like 5 to 6k with an enjoyable pickup over the last 1km .. no gut busting pure enjoyment

or .. if you up for some slight pace .. try

2km in 9 minutes Rest 2 minutes then 1km in 4.20 Rest 2minutes then 2km in 9 minutes

u can consider this Thursday or Saturday

your call

Cheers

TheEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 25-03-2010

Hey TheEd,

Thanks for the session info - sounds perfect.

Went surfing early y/day evening. Its was a huge swell. Spent an hour in water, had a tough time - waves were too big for me, got battered and a few scary underwater hold downs.

All in all a good workout so no run today. Quite a heavy day at work on training course. Resting this eve. Finishing work early tomorrow, might do run as warm up and then get back in water for more surf. Realising here how much surfing is my priority and the impact on my running. No probs as next week when back home there will less time/opportunity to surf as the swell back home is less consistent.

Will keep you posted and make sure I'm carefully monitoring my fatigue and energy levels.

Thanks for your support as always,

D

PS: Hows your waddling going? It must be flowing by now? :yes:

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 26-03-2010

nice to get the surf in D .. its a joy Confusedurf:

let me know how the session goes

TheEd
ps.. waddling should start getting better, been not so easy due to past weather but now clearing up :jive:

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 28-03-2010

Hi TheEd,

Back home last night.

Finished training course on Friday at lunch. Went back to hotel, not feeling idea of speedwork and wanted to go for a surf so decided to go on a 5-6K easy as a warm-up to go surfing.

5-6K ended up being 8-9K (might even been 10K, watch not working). Got a bit diverted due to lack of knowledge of area. Anyhow felt pretty dried out and fatigued but felt better for burning off some cals.

Hit the surf and it was rubbish - wind too strong, waves messy, undercurrents silly. Spent an hour paddling into white water and then gave up, good shoulder workout! Although I prob shouldn't have gone in I felt like I had let go of the week...got back to hotel and felt suitably and relaxingly knackered. Spent rest of evening laid out on bed and asleep by 10:30!

Today not feeling idea of run, might get out on bike as weather is astounding and need to get legs going as need to bike to work all week.

Would like to go to run club tomorrow eve. What sort of plans do you feel I should make this week? Easy pace 4-5milers? Or some light speed work?

Btw I have a 10k booked for next Sunday, in this condition if I go its going to be a leisurely paced affair which is fine by me, taking part and admiring the scenery will be high on the agenda!

Cheers,

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 28-03-2010

what are you looking to do in next weeks 10km?

as you need to put a light interval / rep session together

but don't want you busting a gut and then putting the 'layer of death' on Sunday

need to get into a slight rhythm

Cheers

TheEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 28-03-2010

TheEd,

Sub-50mins sound sensible?

Although not aiming for it, if get anywhere near 45mins it would provide some much need momentum for following training sessions. I would rather use the race to blow some cobwebs away and as a platform for moving onwards and upwards...:yes:

Run club tomorrow will prob be 5-6 miles medium/easy pace, not structured - its quite stop and start over random distances. It might be quite sutable, couuld add a few tentative bursts to see how feels?

D