Running Information Forums
10K Training Program Question - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: 10K Training Program Question (/Thread-10K-Training-Program-Question)

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 14-06-2009

Great Daryl

was going to suggest a few days off and would recommend starting up with easy running come Tuesday

try to slow in some form of exercise to raise the heart levels

Enjoy

TheEd
ps.. congrats on the improvement

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 22-06-2009

Hi TheEd,

Started a new 19 day cycle today with a 65 min easy run - was tough; very humid all day.

Managed one easy 40 min run last week on Thurs eve just to keep my hand in, other that I had two surf sessions.

My calves are really tight after this afternoons run. I don't think it would be wise to run the 30 mins easy tomorrow what with the 5 x 2k's on Wed. I'd rather let the calves recover. Not sure why they are so sore. I have put a few pounds on over the last 10 days since the last race - only about 2kg which has disappeared already.

Another weird thing is that when I was surfing on Friday I got really bad cramp in my calves! I have had this happen before which is a bit precarious when you're out in the water - whether this has any connection to the soreness I am experiencing now I dont know.

Will let you know how I get on with Wed's 5x2k's,

Regards,

Daryl

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 23-06-2009

Hi Daryl

tight calves can lead to shin splints so do be careful

Shin Splints

not so sure about doing the 2000m session if the tightness persists

If you relaxed about everything and simply enjoy the training then everything will be OK, however if you become upset if results don't come then you may have to look into when you do surf sessions etc

:yes:

Cheers

TheEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 26-06-2009

Hi TheEd,

Have rested since Mondays run and calve flare up - I've massaged it and then iced it a couple of times to help repair - feels much better this morning. I've been really busy working on my house this which has probable delayed recovery somewhat as well - cant be helped.

Going to try and very short run at lunch, 20 mins or so on grass/track to test out and just burn some calories. Will report back progress,

Cheers,

Daryl

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 28-06-2009

Hi TheEd,

Got an easy 9Km trail route in on Friday to test the calves - all ok. Very tired y/day though.

Just managed an easy 10km road run today - calves a little tight at end but ok.

How do you think I should proceed now with the 19 day cycle Ive supposed to be progressing through for the next race? Today was day 7 - Easy 10km. Its supposed to be the 6 x 1k's tommorrow.

Do you think I should try them tentatively? I could abort if any tension in the calves arise and see how go? I think they might be alright with a good nights sleep - maybe just do 4 reps instead?

Cheers,

Daryl

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 29-06-2009

sorry for delay .. did u attempt the 1000's?

often it is best to get the legs to recover before putting them through a hard session

Will await your feedback

TheEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 29-06-2009

Hi TheEd,

Havn't done the 1000's yet - was planning to do them today as per the cycle.

However, feel like I might do them tomorrow instead after y/days easy 10k. As you say need to get legs used to being back on feet before hard sessions.

Might do an Easy 30 mins this eve just to help recovery from y/day and prep for tomorrows 1000's - what do you think?

Cheers for your time,

Daryl

maybe consider taking a day off for complete recovery

must get rid of the problems

consider going for a swim if u feel you need to exercise

Cheers

TheEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 29-06-2009

TheEd,

Decided to rest completely today - shall I attempt the 1000's tomorrow? (I meant Tues not Wed from above!)

Cheers,

Daryl

nope Daryl .. play it by ear and let's get this niggle sorted out and then we can look to move forward

don't become obsessed with the need to run as at this time it could lead to injury

you should soon be back, so be patient

TheEd