Running Information Forums
10K Training Program Question - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: 10K Training Program Question (/Thread-10K-Training-Program-Question)

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 26-08-2010

TheEd,

Got the 60mins easy in today - hit about 11Km, Hrate was up a bit, but felt strong and cruised it round, felt good, still not fully recovered so something is definately working...happy days! Onwards to the next session...

Cheers,

D

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 27-08-2010

TheEd,

OK - couldnt resist a surf today, only 1 hr so not to much out the tank. Still in slight sleep debt, planning to sort that tonight. In morning might get one more surf in as conditions are fading and then PM might go for the 5km T/trial depending on energy levels, might do Sun instead. Any advice on pace for the T/T - forget now is it aiming for Sub 20:00, or as near as poss?

Suppose this will depend on energy levels, will not bust a gut for it - I'm feel like a routine is developing, do not want to upset it!

Cheers for now,

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 27-08-2010

magic D .. have a good one this weekend

life is for living

TheEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 28-08-2010

Good weekend to you TheEd!

Missing the target for getting head down at mo - bad habit forming , its my biggest challenge right now -was 2am this morning. Got 7 hours sleep though - think the late nights are a product of recent break-up....need to get on top of.

Anyhow this afternoon ignored a little anxiety prob due to late night and tiredness and got on with the 5km time trial - flat course, a little cross wind, got round in 19:50, v.pleased with effort esp with lack of quality rest. Were cruising at 3:45 pace at points...!

Ok time to get over the jubilation and concentrate on the next run - went surfing straight after today's time trial, was an easy 1hr session...

Might do a waddle tomorrow, and an hour easy on monday...although there is some more swell coming in. As per normalmwill monitor energy levels and act accordingly...

Hope ur having a great weekend there...catchup soon,

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 29-08-2010

D .. that is damn fine .. you need to have a few easy days after this as that is quite an effort

relax up before building towards the next goal of consistency

Cheers and enjoy the rest of the weekend

TheEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 29-08-2010

TheEd,

OK the getting to bed thing slightly improved last night - 1am this time. Need to reel it in further tonight! Its hard work.

Went for a waddle/walk at 11 am this morn - 35mins/6.3Km. Were struggling to find anything in the tank so took it real easy, had to walk at points.

Tried to do some DIY this afternoon but struggling. To be honest I'm struggling to properly relax at all at moment. Not sure what the solution is...going to have a long bath soon and devise a plan of attack for the rest of the evening to get to bed by 11pm - I'm sure will feel better after an earlish night...

Tomorrow might try and do an hour's easy, however were thinking might be best to take complete day off as exercised every day for last 7 days! I'm not racing next Sunday so can postpone the 3x5mins race pace till Wed - what say you? Sensible under circumstances?

Catchup again soon,

D

PS: Hows your training going and the wife's - any races coming up?

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 29-08-2010

D try to enjoy the very fact that you able to exercise and start giving yourself credit as to what you have achieved despite the circumstances

you have done well and should give yourself a pat on the back

if you going to race do so with the intention of celebrating life and the ability to be at the race, don't use it as a stick that life should all be back to normal and like a superman you should be 'getting your act together' .. there is absolutely no need for any such pressure

and yes, pace session Wednesday should be a breeze

you have made outstanding progress and the sleep pattern will come into order all in good time [ a good book always puts me to sleep Wink ]

onwards and forwards

TheEd
ps .. wifey ran her first 10km ever, her 3rd race ever and it went reasonably well for her first 10k .. I tweaked my calf and hammie running a little quicker over 600m on the farm with my son on Wednesday but that is now in recovery, the whole family went for a very light waddle in the forest today

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 29-08-2010

Thanks TheEd,

Hear all your words of support and appreciate it but I'm not feeling the pressure of anything at the moment! Feeling quite serene, just need to make some new changes in my life and have some new experiences, meet new people that sort of thing.

Will take it easy for next few days and keep you posted. Good to hear you and family are keeping active - its for the very best,

Thanks for you support and kind words as ever,

Rgds,

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 30-08-2010

forgot to mention the time, wifey recorded 41:35

not bad for a first 10km one could say

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 30-08-2010

Thats an amazing time!

Must be the coaching assitance...:yes: