Running Information Forums
10K Training Program Question - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: 10K Training Program Question (/Thread-10K-Training-Program-Question)

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 16-09-2010

an easy Friday run after a little wine and laughter should be an appropriate calorie burner

enjoy

THeEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 17-09-2010

TheEd,

Date went v/well indeed last night - she's a stunner and has already requested another date! No too much to eat or drink last, in fact only 1x330ml beer. However were shattered on return and this morning so no running or exercise all day.

On a all-day mountain-bike skills course tomorrow in local forest. Might get up early and do a waddle first thing as a warm-up as its not going to be a heavy workout physically.

Now I have a 10km race lined up for next Sunday - what say you for a speed session day after tomorrow on Sunday?

Hope you had a good week,

Cheers,

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 17-09-2010

nice D .. sounds exciting ..

as for the running .. rather do paced runs up to 6km in prep for the 10km race

that would be more relaxed and probably more beneficial

sleep well

TheEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 17-09-2010

Let me know what sort of paced runs you mean...not sure on format. Bit disappointed I havn't completed this cycle properly - was that bike ride last weekend that messed this weeks energy levels up, was worth it though - oh well, start a new one soon after next weeks race ! :jive:

Catch up soon,

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 18-09-2010

let's see where you are .. OK maybe .. 42 mins for 10km .. that is 21 minutes for 5km .. let's make it 4.15 per km plus 15 seconds so 4.30 per k .. and there we have it .. if you are able to run 5km in 22:30 it would serve as a good paced run session that falls into the tempo range

this will give you a lot more freedom to run currently

Cheers

TheEd
ps.. please ask for clarity if necessary

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 21-09-2010

OK had a slight hitch in training plans over weekend...

Saturday was a Mountain Bike Skills day in Forest - all day, not much of a work-out however mentally quite tiring and plenty of falling off bike :duh: A few scrapes and bruises nothing to serious - however very tiring!

Sun the surf was up big time, needed the escape so got out there. Big 5ft waves, this is when I realised I was near burn-out. Were dropping into some of the biggest wave face I have ever done so with no fear and rode some amazing waves...best ever, however after the session I realised how burnt-out I was. Rest of Sunday was wiped-out, literally.

Mon: Very tired, no exercise, struggling at work. Parents are visiting, helping with DIY - angels!

Last night finally got a decent early night. Feel the need to back off all training for next few days as have been doing a lot of DIY in the background over last 2-3 weeks and havnt been giving this fact enough respect - have been expecting too much out of self.

Still on for this Sundays 10km, will just have to see how respond to a few days of no exercise to properly recover.

Will keep you posted on progress and when feel ready for a Waddle - maybe tomorrow, maybe Thurs, will see,

Cheers,

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 21-09-2010

enjoy .. you sound tired but relaxed

excellent

TheEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 22-09-2010

Managed a waddle at lunch:

3.7 miles/Avg HR 132bpm/32:35

Decent pace with work colleagues at start then tapered down to finish to keep HR down in Easy range.

Were v.tired still this morning - the waddle did help, a half decent sweat made me feel slightly energised afterwards. However still not right, mentally feeling quite drained. Do have a lot going on at work, deadlines looming and lots of expectation kicking in with delivering some results.

Have a slighlty sore right achilles - not sure where this has come from. Planning a relaxing evening with parents, may be a drink or two.

No running tomorrow to rest the achilles. Might hit the gym for stretch and core session depending on how feel. Might help me turn corner for a decent run on Friday?

Probably the last effort before Sundays 10Km - however if this achilles situation persists will abort mission(!) :whistle:

Any feedback coach greatly appreciated,

Cheers,

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 23-09-2010

let's watch this achilles we don't want it becoming the heel of your problem

quirkiness aside please monitor the tendon

and go placidly amidst the haste - Desiderata (one of the last paragraphs)

Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness. Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

apologies for lurch Wink

TheEd
ps.. excuse me, sometimes things lurch out just like the Adams Family

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 25-09-2010

Hey TheEd,

Where are we? No exercise since....can remember! Have certainly lost my thread! Parents have been visiting, have lost my focus a little.

Achilles seems OK however have not run since Wed. Have eaten quite well, a little sleep deprived, prob not a good combination for tomorrows race.

Were thinking of going along and just taking it EASY! A jog along, happy to be there and alive race - never done one like this but under the circumstances I think it will be fitting if I do go along at all.

What say you TheEd - should I go or just stay home and do a waddle?

Cheers,

D