Running Information Forums
10K Training Program Question - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: 10K Training Program Question (/Thread-10K-Training-Program-Question)

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 25-09-2010

go have fun and enjoy being in the race

Confusedurf:

TheEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 26-09-2010

TheEd,

Got my self down to 10km beach race - windy conditions:

25mph wind gusts (5km-9km). Got round in 46:53. HR Avg 165bpm.

Set out very easy as had wind behind and knew the 5-9km head wind was coming up. Breezed down to the 5km turn at about 21 mins. Not lightning fast but was a breeze HR avg was about 155bpm.

5-9km was tough, legs OK, I towed my work colleague back for most of it as the wind was strong and he was struggling. Helped me keep me focussed. A 0.5km stiff climb up to land then had a decent little finish. Achilles OK. Knee caps were extremely painful a few mins after, subsided now, was a concern, not had like that before.

Overall even though its a tough race and conditions were challenging, managed to enjoy it. Time wasnt't amazing but considering the last 10 days training have been a miss, it was good.

Have entered our local running club 10km race on Sun the 21st October. (5 weeks time). Will prob end up help set up on the day. So will need to manage energies well in the build up (as ever!).

The route is flat tarmac but might be subjected to severe Autumnal weather especially wind as it runs along a 5km coast road right by the sea at sea level. However might a good chance to get a decent race pace in in prep for Novembers big city 10km where I want to go for the sub-40.

With 5 weeks before the next 10km, whats the best way forward with the 19-day cycle? Start on Tues again and play it by ear?

Cheers,

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 26-09-2010

How would you like to consider doing 2 weeks of the Build-up program and then switching to the 3 week cycle thereafter?

what say you

TheEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 26-09-2010

Sounds good.

When do I start? Tuesday?

What do I start with? 1hr easy and totally relaxed - at ease throughout?

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 27-09-2010

Hi D .. Tuesday as good a day as any .. consider reducing the time by at least 20% in the first week as well as running every 2nd day in the 1st week

the following week we can take stock

easy & relaxed is the prescription

Cheers

TheEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 27-09-2010

By running every 2nd day you mean every other day, on the first week of the build-up?

ie:

Day 01 Tues: 48 mins Easy
Day 03 Thurs: 48 mins Easy
Day 05 Sat: 40-50mins over rolling hills
Day 07 Mon: Supposed to be rest day...
Day 08 Tues: 1hr easy with last 15 mins at 65%

Cheers,

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 27-09-2010

yes alternate the days

balance it out the best you can

enjoy

TheEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 28-09-2010

TheEd,

Mon PM: 1hr swim training - approx 2km.

Tues lunch: Seeing as done y/day swim eve, thought a reduced waddle/easy was appropriate: 30:52 - Cruised round, HRavg 127 bpm - good stretch after.

Wed: Rest

Thrus: 45-50 mins x-country run

Cheers,

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 28-09-2010

good to get some routine going .. make sure to take things easy and enjoy the exercise without looking to hurt yourself

nice

TheEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 30-09-2010

TheEd,

8.7km/48:05/128Avg/5:31/km

Woods loop, muddy under foot - beautiful day :wow: was a joy to be running. :yes:

Got round strongly, cant believe how well considering lack of early nights getting 7+ hrs sleep in, just not getting hear down early enought - TONIGHT IS THE NIGHT! Just need to be in bed 1hr earlier - 11:30 instead of 12:30...and get up 1hr earlier...

After a few early nights and once got back into a rhythmn of them, reckon I will be floating along next week...OK wont get to carried away! :jive:

Will rest tomorrow...what about Sat?

Cheers,

D