Running Information Forums
10K Training Program Question - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: 10K Training Program Question (/Thread-10K-Training-Program-Question)

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 01-10-2010

longer run on Saturday, so you can do a 1hr run taking a recovery on Sunday

Cheers

TheEd
ps.. nice to see you enjoying it .. Tuesday 1000's

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 02-10-2010

Hey TheEd,

OK slight hitch last night - rough time getting to sleep 3am :mad:

Got 6.5 hrs sleep though. Work today, got a deadline looming so going to have to tred carefully.

Anyhow got out at lunch - 1:00:00, 10.2km, 5:45/km Woods loop, v.muddy, nice run - no HR monitor. Was a bit inside-out due to late night, but got round no trouble. Nothing in tank mind you. Off to bed soon. Calves were quite tight, first time for fair while! Had a good stretch after, all good now.

HAve decided to deploy new strategy from now on with the getting to sleep situation starting tomorrow night. 11:15 lights out without fail, otherwise I'm not allowed to run the next day if I don't make it - need to do this to move up to the next level of discipline for Novembers race - must succeed :whistle:

If feel recovered might go surf in morning as conditions look easy-going. Should be a relaxing session,

When are you thinking about the 1000's?

Hows your waddling going? And the wife's?

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 03-10-2010

good to have a plan even if it doesn't work out it is working to taking control

and at least you running .. the muddy run sounds taxing

all sounds good and a 1000m session (Tuesday) at 4 minutes to 4.10 per k should be an easy session .. drop it down to 5 x 1k so it doesn't have a detrimental effect

cheers

TheEd
ps.. I am off for a waddle shortly doing around 4 trots a week whereas the wife races her 2nd 10km 10.10.10

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 03-10-2010

you been out trotting!

OK on the 1000's. :jive:

No surf this morn, maybe later this afternoon, although its looking unlikely...

Were planning swim training tomorrow eve - should I do a short waddle tomorrow lunch as well or keep fresh for the 1000's?

Cheers,

D

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 05-10-2010

Hey TheEd,

Surfed Sunday evening, nice little session - good to get out.

Y/Day went to gym for a little core w/out and sweat out from the surf on Sun eve. During a short warm doing some marital arts freefighting, managed to strain hamstring - Ive done this a few times before - really annoying. It usually passes in 48 hours or so. No 1000's, to compound this had a slight sore throat y/day and felt generally very drained, so need to back right off over next few days as travelling away on work tomorrow. 400 mile drive to the west country.

Will stretch today and may be if feel good, go for a 30 min waddle just to keep a spring in the step :jive:

I'm sure this hamstring will pass quickly with sime TLC ;-)

Catch up again soon,

D

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 05-10-2010

Slightly recovered today. Hamstring very minor sore. Waddles for 33 mins, 4.2 miles - good stretch.

Will rest tomorrow as big drive.

Maybe 1000's on Thurs.

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 06-10-2010

no no .. let the 1000's slide for this week .. that kind of stress running will not be the best tonic

keep me informed

TheEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 07-10-2010

TheEd,

Working away now-had big drive y/day-little sore throat, def under par so full back off-hamstring soreness getting better-staying in nice hotel so should recover nicely over next few days-reckon it will be Sat before OK for a waddle, will keep you updated....

Cheers,

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 07-10-2010

great sounds as though you in a pleasant environment Wink

other than the physical side Big Grin

take care

TheEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 10-10-2010

TheEd,

Had a bumpy end to week last week - made up for it with a bumper weekend of surfing whilst away in West country...prob racked up 6 hours in the water entire weekend - no running whatsoever. Will waddle tomorrow as a recovery and see how we go during week - got a big day tomorrow at work...fingers crossed it all goes well...

Cheers,

D