Running Information Forums
10K Training Program Question - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: 10K Training Program Question (/Thread-10K-Training-Program-Question)

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 11-10-2010

good stuff and may things roll in the right direction

TheEd

:mrburns:

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 12-10-2010

Hey TheEd,

Had some difficulties getting out the door to even to do a waddle last two days - have been wired from working away. Some trouble sleeping and a mild sore throat as well not helping. Managed a 15 min at lunch today. Early night tonight to try a get into recovery state...will update condition tomorrow...

Rgds,

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 12-10-2010

the surf was still worth it Confusedurf:

Smile

recover soon

TheEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 17-10-2010

How's life treating you?!

Trying to get back into a routine here - still away on business till thus Friday coming. Had a big week last week...all went good, just had a lot of processing to do getting used to new responsibilities.

Managed a 25 min waddle on Thurs eve. Very slow, have put a few pounds on due to having larger than normal breakfasts - cant believe how much difference it makes and also how much putting on the extra weight doesn't feel too good!

Managed to walk about 3 or 4 miles y/day across beach.

This morning got 11km in along coast clifftop path - mostly waddle/walking. On feet for 1hr 20. Breathtaking views and clear blue skies...

Need to keep momentum so might waddle tomorrow morn and line up for starting the new 19-day cycle on Tues. Should find feet reasonably quickly (I hope anyway!) but will not overdo things....Wink

What say you for Tues? 60 mins easy...?

Cheers,

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 17-10-2010

D we may be in the same position currently but you in better shape than me Wink

I am currently doing jog - walk - jogs as part of taking the neighbour's dog on a 'run' .. I don't wear a watch and I have no pressure

this kind of exercise may definitely help you to get some rhythm

even if it is only 30 minutes at a time the more consistency you get going the better for getting back into it

so No .. I don't recommend a 1hr run

short easy runs which prepare you 'cardio-vascularly and the musculature system' before getting back onto a program as such

best I can suggest

TheEd
ps.. enjoy the breakfasts, they end soon enough Wink

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 18-10-2010

TheEd,

30 mins this eve: 6km/125bpm Avg...breezed 1st 4km...finished off last min with a little sprint. Overall nice little waddle even after a late sleep get off this morn at 1:30am...:duh:

Hopefully early night this eve...

Might do another 30 mins tomorrow...what say you?

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 18-10-2010

keep it easy and calm and all things should be fine, soon you will be back into the rhythm

TheEd
[SIZE="1"]ps.. I am working to get to run with the missus as she wants someone to run part of the 2k and 1k sessions with her .. and especially after her 2nd 10k race on 10.10.10[/SIZE]

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 18-10-2010

Good to hear you're getting a rhythm going as well! Wifey will appreciate it no end I bet...top man!

Will keep things calm and easy...will see how feel tomorrow for another Waddle...

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 20-10-2010

TheEd,

Wed easy run, just got in:

42:16/124AvHR/8Km - Pretty flat route with hills at end. Cruised it even after busy day but very successful day at work and 6hrs sleep last night. All the same felt a bit flat footed and not too springy so will not read too much into it.

Long drive home tomorrow so day off run. Might do a little surf up coast, but there's not much swell on. No work Fri so can afford a decent session...may be a long run 1hr Easy?

Hope you got one of those speed sessions in with wifey this week so far? How did it go?

D

PS: Were just thinking - could do a short little run in morn before I drive back home? Feel like this eve run hasn't even touch the sides - could do a couple of intervals? There's a really nice canal towpath outside the hotel - flat as a pancake - could do 2 x 2km or something just to get things moving?

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 20-10-2010

your mentioning of the 1hr run is about the best one .. no need to slip a short run in or to consider the intervals

next week can be time to look at a quality session and fresh beginnings

TheEd
ps.. wifey is on the off training cycle currently .. she did get down to 40:25 in her 2nd 10k, so very excited about the future