Running Information Forums
10K Training Program Question - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: 10K Training Program Question (/Thread-10K-Training-Program-Question)

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 24-10-2010

Hey TheEd,

Hope you've had a good weekend. Had visitors here this weekend, some indulging going on with eating :mmm:

Surf was up on Fri - got 2 hours in water, big heavy waves and wind - didn't catch any waves :confused: Conditions were diifficult...and were tired, lacked a little bite, not sharp.

Also got in y/day for one hour, waves were smaller but all over the place. Caught a couple of corking 4fters straight across the face!!!

Did a 30 min waddle this morning after a late night and a fair bit of eating out y/day. Might try and do another 30 mins this will see how get on. Have a 10km race two weeks today. Helping out on day with organising large start/finish gantry so its not going to be a PB race and based on my recent lack of routine that makes it even more unlikely - however might be able to top last years time on same course if the weather it OK...!!!

Will update further progress...

Cheers,

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 24-10-2010

he D .. you certainly don't expect much from your untrained body Wink

well let's see how the next week goes for a semblance of training

will be good to get some form of sessions in

maggie nificent

Cheers

TheEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 25-10-2010

TheEd,

Checked out surf this afternoon with a waddle/easy, didn't get in due to it being to heavy and blown out:

Run: 43:56/8.2km-127AvHR.

Was a bit stop/start but felt light on feet although a little tired from late night and a little overeating over weekend. Even so my weight is not up hardly so all good there.

Having a bit of a rough time with being home again at mo, what with the situ with the ex - its still hanging over my head a little - think I might need to sell the house and move on so challenging times ahead - ho hum.

Back to work tomorrow. Am aiming for 11pm bedtime every night this week, with 6:15 wake ups. Wish me luck!

Might do another waddle tomorrow, or would you recommend something a little structured. Saying that there is poss some surf coming in tom afternoon - might have to grab these last few weeks of swell as the dark nights draw in.

That 10Km race I mentioned is actually this coming Sunday - have entered, might have to treat is as my long run this weekend and take it easy. Maybe we could start the next 19-day cycle next Tues - this will count me down for the big 10km race next month I was aiming for the sub-40...based on recent routine this might be a pipe-dream....:whistle:

Catch up soon,

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 25-10-2010

a pipe-dream sounds like surfing

see how it goes and simply enjoy the good things in life and having to decide whether to either surf or run, is certainly a good space to be

enjoy .. run free

TheEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 27-10-2010

TheEd,

No surf y/day - too tired and tide in.

Waddle/Easy at lunch:

33:00/6Km No HR monitor - feel easy on the mind, but laboured on the body if makes sense? :mmm:

Sort of breezed around, but noticed were actually tired and slow. Kept up with colleagues who were all puffed out at end. Need an early night to fully rest from being back at work place from working away.

Might do a smaller waddle tomorrow or just see how feel in morning.

How your waddling going?

D

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 28-10-2010

Hey TheEd,

No run today, feelin v.tired - made it to bed last night and lights out by 11:30 thats two nights on the trot now! Seem to be falling asleep then waking up after 20 mins though...then trouble getting off - strange.

Anyhow no run today - too tired. Feeling a little burn-out as well. Work has moved into 6th gear, going to be like this for rest of year...having an easy evening and early night again to get on top of energy levels. Will see how feel for a run tomorrow and Sundays race might have to go on ice...

Cheers,

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 29-10-2010

HI D .. nice to see you were running and should avoid becoming too fatigued if running the 10km over the weekend

TheEd
ps.. travelling to Finland this weekend and hope to waddle once there

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 29-10-2010

Hey great to hear you will be waddling over there in Finland - whats the weather like there at the moment?

Have still been feeling over-tired last 24-48hours - have been getting bed at decent, have been getting up earlier for work might be doing it - so busy at work it has to be done.

Might not run the 10km on Sunday - if I do will take it easy as dont want to mess up starting Tuesday's new 19-dayer - so if do run will treat as medium pace run and just enjoy it. There are over 1200 runners in this one! :jive: Our Race Director from the club is very happy as its only the second year we have done it!

Look forward to hearing about Finland!

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 31-10-2010

Hi D .. if you starting up on Tuesday then keep it easy for starter as a 30 to 40 min max .. and easy

keep monitoring how you feel

TheEd
ps.. in Finland now and went for an easy under 5k waddle with the wife

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 31-10-2010

TheEd,

Glad to hear you had a waddle over there.

Had a bit of a rough weekend here - wrestling with thy soul and all that. Recent break-up coming back to haunt. Anyhow, onwards and upwards.

Ran the race today. Not well rested or recovered this weekend, overate a little and two late nights - why?! Don't know feel like am a bit stuck in rut at moment, trying/looking to find release the recovery process.

Helped with setting up race, all good. Went out medium pace and just pushed myself here and there to get round. Was nice to just take part and get round. Put head down last 1.5km and came in at 43:29. This is an amazing time considering how lacking the quality training has been, just proves progress doesn't it! Thanks coach.

However know there is more locked away. Got to get at it! Am finding that as I am finding life easier from making progress, it releases energy, but then I lose the ability to stabilise and rest...so annoying.

Need to buckle down for the Big Race in three weeks, 10km in Leeds City. Aim is to reach peak condition for this year, no excuses - its flat and v.fast. Need to redeem myself. Know it is not the best prep time, just have to start and finish this next 19-dayer with no issues. Was doing really well about a month ago before went away on work. I know more than ever that for me I have to master REST & RECOVERY. Its that simple.

Needs to lose 1-2kg if can, so going to work on diet this week to try and feel how felt before went away. Need to get the early nights regimented and get on top of work. However going to try and do this light heartedly and not overdo it!

OK coach, out on Tuesday 40 mins Easy...will see how feel after this and update. Enjoy your stay in Finland,

Rgds,

D