Running Information Forums
10K Training Program Question - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: 10K Training Program Question (/Thread-10K-Training-Program-Question)

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 13-11-2010

Hey TheEd,

Have been laid out all day with sore throat and cold symptoms - head feels strong but body is in state of needing recovery - have feeling this is going to take another 48 hours to shift - ho hum for next weeks race.

Hope you are having a good weekend, catch up soon, all being well a little healthier!

Rgds,

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 14-11-2010

there is a lot of gunk floating around europe at the moment

TheEd
ps.. drink lots of fluid, eat soup for the soul, sleep well and voila

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 15-11-2010

Hey TheEd,

The gunk has been flowing...literally! :duh:

Not a pleasant few days...what timing, just in time for this Sundays race! :mad:

Well am almost over the worst of it - home now after a long drive - taking day off work tomorrow to fully recover. Will have to see how we go for Sundays race, might be just another waddle round - how annoying. Still I suppose it could always be worse!

Catchup soon coach,

D

PS Hows things your end? Wifey ticking over OK?

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 16-11-2010

well hopefully that is it for the season .. do read back and see the pattern that arises and in the future try to work to avoid the pattern

you start feeling good and then have a flurry of hard training which is often followed by a hiccup

also note that seasonal flu etc is often something which is difficult to avoid .. head up and onwards .. 2 to 3 weeks 'maybe' with the gremlins

TheEd
ps.. wifey .. in long off period and taking things easy .. though she does go for a light jog today

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 16-11-2010

TheEd,

Thanks for the wise words. I don't feel I adjust too well to being away from home and out of my box if catch my drift - but I suppose that happens to everyone? I have to accept I am putting myself through a lot lately - now I have started Masters at Uni things are going to be even more challenging - it never ends all this aspiring does it?! By the time I am ready to consolidate I will be too old!

Should I write Sundays race off then for now - just to help relax the mind? I have a date in the afternoon with a new lady so could go and watch, do some Xmas shopping and relax - that sounds much better than running...who wants to do that anyway!!! :jester:

Warm rgds,

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 16-11-2010

as they say life is the journey not necessarily the result

so enjoy the aspirations it is part of the journey

10 days ago you were coasting quite nicely .. the next time I shall draw your attention to it and you can remind yourself to take things easy and to enjoy life Smile

everything will be OK and you most certainly have been through a great deal

there are others out there who also have the seasonal flu and they get it even if they simply get up in the morning and go to work

at least you have a 'life' with aspirations

enjoy

TheEd
ps.. as for the run, let's see what the end of the week holds .. there is no stress

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 16-11-2010

TheEd,

I didn't quite feel like I was coasting back then - were just convincing myself to keep positive and turn things around to genuinely coast - its all mind-trickery isn't it ;-)

Its all good...no matter how fast you go, you get there in the end...!

Health update tomorrow,

D

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 19-11-2010

OK TheEd?! How goes it?

Back to work on Wed too early...had to take afternoon off. Back in full day y/day (Thurs) and today (Fri). Head clearer, breathing easier, still a little gunk lurking around via nose, esp in mornings. Clearing it all out as days goes on.

Cycled to work this morn (5miles round trip) Felt OK, nice to do.

Have to cycle to work tomorrow - half day. What say you about Sundays race? Waddle round? 5:00/km pace or something, or just rest?

Cheers,

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 19-11-2010

Hi D .. please note .. that if you gunk is green it means that you have had an infection and therefore means that your muscles and bones are affected

the heart is a muscle .. if you exercise while sick with what you have described you run the risk of damage

so think very wisely as to whether it is necessary to run tomorrow

over to you .. it does sound as though it would not be a good idea as this was not a simple cold and if the green team are still lurking then it aint good

best

TheEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 19-11-2010

TheEd,

Thanks for the advice - will check out colour in due course although if remember rightly noticed it was clear in colour/colourless earlier today...I believe this cold was a pretty straightforward mild throat infection with a cold...so that not that serious...but serious enough.

However with respect to Sundays race - will see how I feel tomorrow in terms of recovery and see what colour the gunk is - I am certainly under no illusion to run for the sake of it and would prefer to rest and give it a few more days b4 any serious exercise! Have learned well from your faithful self this year about rest, recovery and respecting thyself and how feeling ;-) ...onwards and upwards,

Thanks always,

D