Running Information Forums
10K Training Program Question - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: 10K Training Program Question (/Thread-10K-Training-Program-Question)

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 12-12-2010

good stuff .. looks like you getting to a rhythm

yes .. 2011 looks good up ahead

TheEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 14-12-2010

TheEd,

Had a bumper-tough swim session y/day eve -

12 x 50m
12 x 75m
12 x 50m
8 x 25m

Mostly freestyle...all with 10-20 secs rest b/w each rep and 2 mins between each set...

Slept like a baby last night! No exercise today as needed rest and have a lot on at work so taking it easy. Might do a short core session tomorrow morn before work as cant do lunchtime runs at mo due to work. Might do a short waddle after work at 5pm...will update...over and out...

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 15-12-2010

good to be getting some exercise in

this weather is doing no one any favours

TheEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 15-12-2010

TheEd,

AM Cycled to work, woke early, mind a little racey. Hit gym for 7:15am for a 20 mins core w/out. All good afterwards, nice to train at different time of day, suits current regime at work.

Going to hit gym at 7am tomorrow morn and do a 30 min Waddle on treadmill - a stretch after and a short circuit-style training session - push ups etc.

Snow coming tomorrow, so might not get to pound any pavement for a few more days - ho hum. Will update with any further, notable efforts.

Hope you're getting ready for Xmas and looking forwards to the break. Am planning a long distance waddle on Xmas day morning with my Dad (on bike) to try and earn the Xmas dinner and other eating pleasantries!!!

Rgds,

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 16-12-2010

brilliant D

waddle wonderness

TheEd
ps.. we off to Finland next week for Xmas .. here it is bad weather, probably snowed in for a few days .. wind and blizzard = fun

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 05-01-2011

TheEd,

Wishing you and the family all the very best for 2011 - lots of good health and prospering...:yes:

Did you manage any training of any sort whilst you were away?

Had a pretty treacherous time here with the weather. Where should I start?

Got stranded on route to parents on the 21st Dec - had to abandon car!

Once back at parents (48hrs later), were ticking over OK till Xmas eve with a few more waddles and a couple of bikes. Have been seeing a new lady throughout this period so happy days there!

Then on Boxing Day all went down hill with sore throat and sniffles - this developed into a full-on, off your feet flipping cold. Managed a couple of small walks throughout it all, had no NYEve celebrations as off-feet. Managed one decent 90min walk on NYDay. Back to work today but still have the sore throat and sniffles :mad:

Hopefully tomorrow will turn corner. Cant see any decent exercise till w/end. Will try a walk tomorrow...ho hum, hoping this will be my only cold for 2011!

SO there you go! Hope you had a good break...

Rgds,

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 06-01-2011

well at least we can say it is 2011 .. 2010 was trying to say the least

so onwards and forwards

make sure to have cleared the system and then look to get a few waddles going

TheEd
ps.. we still in Finland, return next week and no exercise for me since being here

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 12-01-2011

Hey TheEd,

Are you home? Hope you had a safe journey back...any waddling?

Been struggling to shake off the last of the cold...it just lingers on....:mad:

Haven't exercised since last spoke other than a few walks, a decent one y/day...even today were feeling jaded...in the end decided to bite the bullet and get out on a Waddle this eve...just having a sweat makes me feel better.

5.2Km/32:18/119HRAvg/6:11/Km

Floated round actually - was in a dream world. Have been doing a little meditation and peripheral vision exercises whilst ill to promote some relaxation states...feeling a hell of lot more realised this year so far - hope this can continue...

Will see how feel tomorrow - might do a very short early morn rowing session in gym after a stretch - 15 mins or so and leave. Need to get used to the morn sessions as work is going dictate my exercise times and as you might remember I dont like training in the evenings due to the whole sleep disturbance...

Am going to keep this peripheral vision relaxation stuff going - it seems to make me feel a lot more relaxed about everything and trying it today whilst running cemented my inner realisations about stress and tunnel vision...food for thought :mmm:

Catch up soon,

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 13-01-2011

try to keep things easy if the cold is still lingering .. 2011 is going to be a great year .. 2010 was a trying time worldwide

TheEd
ps. just coming in to stockholm at this moment, will get home tomorrow

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 16-01-2011

Hey TheEd,

Hope you got settled back home after your holiday.

Quick update:

Fri: Walked to work & back: 1hr 30min
Sat: 1hr medium walking
Sun: 5.5Km/30:45/129AvgHR - was walk/run due to high wind and rain, felt a little tired from sitting around on Sat PM.

Am feeling very upbeat about what I learn last year. Feels like I have re-engineered my whole approach to training and maintaining my fitness levels and also how to build up for peak performances although there were not enough of those last year, am hoping this year all last years work will pay off. Slowly building back up for the 19-day cycle is the order of this week coming.

Have planned a training/race strategy for achieving the sub-40min 10Km.

Aim to do is May the 8th (or before if in condition). This is about 16 weeks away. If I start the first 19-day cycle next Sunday and use this week as a build up, should be able to turn over 4 decent races before May the 8th. There is a 5km in three times this weekend so might do that rather than a 10km a week later - am also away that w/end so might be better.

How should I proceed this week? Were planning a Swim session tomorrow night.

Another Waddle Tuesday? 30-35 minutes?

Cheers,

D