Running Information Forums
10K Training Program Question - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: 10K Training Program Question (/Thread-10K-Training-Program-Question)

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 17-01-2011

May is a sensible approach and if you throw a few weeks of consistent training together you should be in a great deal better shape come the end of March

steady as he goes and it all augers well

enjoying the waddles are most important as they allow for recovery between hard sessions as you progress .. so all good ..

and yes .. 30 minute waddle is grand

TheEd
ps.. shock to the system to be home but making the most of it

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 19-01-2011

Managed a 35 min waddle y/day, was whacked out from work again, blown away, had to walk/waddle due to HR too high for Easy pace.

Had some very senior visitors come round to see my work in the last week, pressure has been on...on top of this the volume of work has gone through roof so feeling pretty stretched.

To top it all off, y/day noticed a 'twinge' in lower back, lower lumbar region - done some stretching - no help. This morn absolute agony. Got straight to the Oestopath a 4pm this afternoon - similar injury to last winters back flare-up.

As its fresh he did some light manipulation - had trouble standing up straight all day and after treatment, being tall is not that good - ho hum...may be am not designed for all this! Am always stretching out my back - did noticed some odd tension in right hip on Sunday, stretched and felt better but obviously need to see this off...resting for now, catch up in a few days,

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 20-01-2011

take things easy .. once we get through January we another month closer to the nicer weather and nicer training conditions and events

Smile

TheEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 23-01-2011

Hey TheEd,

Back injury has stabilised thankfully...struggling through the day with immense lower/middle back stiffness and inability to stand upright, there's a nast trigger point in upper right glutus - am wondering if this may have come about from running posture, need to look into this when get back on feet. Overall though things have slightly improved today...onwards and upwards - :whistle:

Here's to 2011...hows training your end? Wifey floating along?

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 24-01-2011

time to get that walking stick out Wink .. this happens to me on occasion where I tweak the back and it has me out for a few days .. body misuse over the years catching up Big Grin

take things easy introduce walk / run routine when you able to and then we can get back to the art of running :laugh:

onwards and forwards .. momentum all the way

TheEd
ps.. wifey developing well .. looking to get a 90 minute run in the end this week .. which will be her longest

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 30-01-2011

Hey TheEd,

Hope you are well - hows the weather over there now?

Back is well on road to recovery. :yes:

Ordered and received a very comprehensive exercise book to refine and strengthen my knowledge of core stability exercises to attempt to address this back injury - its an very useful guide and thoroughly recommend it:

shop.pponline.co.uk/shop/core-stability-training-injury-free-performance-5980

Have identified that this back injury is related to a noticeable amount of discomfort in right hip, this could be due my to running which the above book seeks to resolve with a better core - will try out and see how my core develops in the next few. It should have all sorts of benefits as consequence...

Whilst getting back on feet and before get out on any waddles have been doing a few short core routines. Did a 20 mins bike on Thurs. It appears to have helped already and moved on the tension and soreness in lower lumbar region. Going to continue to take it very easy this week and slowly build up a the core sessions and make them a staple part of my training - onwards and upwards...

Cheers,

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 31-01-2011

Hi Dave .. we have been working on revamping certain sections of the site and will be adding new data quite soon

RagingLynx did an article on his blog relating to strength training which we will be adding to Time-to-Run shortly

here is the article

What is the 500 workout, why is it so good?

worth taking a look at

TheEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 03-02-2011

Hey TheEd,

How goes it? Am making reasonable progress with back injury now. Walked 50 mins to work today and did a 40 min core stability w/out at lunch. All this after a 3 am get-to-sleep this morning. Work is still manic, however a plateau is on the horizon, boy do I need it! Had lots of accolades so all good, just need to time to consolidate and start enjoying some quality training again...

Am away next two weeks from work on training - more MSc lectures. Will be a little bit of a break hopefully. Really focussed on keeping the core stability exercises, want to engrain the discipline from now on knowing the benefit will come once start waddling again. Might be the w/end before I've have enough recovery time and the back feels 100% before any bouncing along...

Will keep you posted. Hows things your end? Getting out much?

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 04-02-2011

have you considered chatting to the doc in getting a tonic or something so you can get to sleep more easily?

hopefully next week you able to slot a waddle in

TheEd
ps.. my side no running but wife is going really well with her build up

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 23-02-2011

Hows you keeping - hope you and wifey are well.

Am battling away here - a little exercise over the last fortnight: about three waddles whilst away at Uni receiving lectures. Each one was about 3-4 miles, was incredibly easy going and enjoyable.

Have been doing the core stability exercises previously mentioned and planning to continue until back is properly re-conditioned. Still a little way to go however this is the best time of year to attend to this so all good.

Work is still very highly pressurized, things should settle a little over next 6 weeks and then there is a big push for taking my exams in May. Where does it end?

Cycled to work today which was nice. Woke up at 5am with a migraine which wasnt good! However had an early b/fast and then a little extra sleep. When got up felt like the bike to work would help. Biking again tomorrow as have a little ride out at lunch with friends.

Hopefully at w/end will try a few waddles and see how it goes.